• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Side B (E3 video)

Kirby Redux

Smash Journeyman
This is just a little tidbit of info i figure some people might not know already. If you do, please dont flame, I realize the video has been out for some time now, but perhaps some people do not know about it.

Anyway, I was watching the E3 video again today, and I noticed, just before Meta Knight is announced, there is a battle taking place on the Halberd between Kirby, Link, Mario, and Pikachu. Just before the screen switches to MK, Kirby is shown doing his side b, only this time, it is his old one from melee. Guess they only implemented the new one after E3...

Well, thats it. Sorry if i wasted some peoples time in reading this, but it might be interesting to others. Thanks!

-Redux

YinYang.ERROR

Smash Journeyman
your right, they did implement the new one after E3. Although I do wish there was a way to switch between them, the old one was nice to use in combos.

kenja0

Smash Apprentice
What would have been an outstanding idea is if on the ground, the dashing Side-B would be like the games where he twirls with the hammer. Of course it would be more usable as move than his Dash Attack, but then Sakurai could've made the dash attack free roaming like SuperStar had it so it would be more mobile than the Dash-B. ~.^

Delta Z

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I was thinking about this a couple days back. Y'know what else is weird? When you're using a control scheme that uses the Wii Remote and you choose Kirby, he says his taunt from Melee...now why couldn't they have just kept his in-game taunt like that?

Plasmaexe

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I noticed that too =s. I feared that Kirby was going to suck this game from that video and I feared he might have his really cruddy fireball which had practically no knockback.
I'm glad they changed his aerial hammer cause his new one is much more useful and fun to use and has some crazy knock-back on the 2nd swing, also his dash attack cause the last hit makes it easy to set up with a back air or up air ><.

Top Bottom