• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shulk's No Air Slash Glitch - What it is and How to Prevent it.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
:awesome:

Hey, so this glitch can be pretty bad for Shulks unaware of it and how to fix it. I want this video to reach as many Shulks as possible, so that they stop killing themselves, and so that this glitch finally gets attention and maybe gets patched.

Anyone have experiences they can remember with this glitch? Personally, it has happened to me during several friendlies, but also once during doubles at the last tournament I attended! It kind of looks silly when it happens, because all anybody sees is you falling to your death when it looks like you could have just used up B :p. I have a feeling if you tell people it's a glitch, they might think you are just making it up to make yourself look not as bad.

So anywho, for the better of all of us, go spread this in whatever way people spread things!

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Nice and informative video, erico :D

I actually wasn't even aware this existed until I came to the thread, so this is nice to know! Hopefully the heat of matches won't make me forget to air dodge if it occurs haha.

notyourparadigm

Smash Apprentice
NNID
notyourparadigm
3DS FC
4098-3767-3581
Fun story: I actually died to the GROUNDED version of this just last night during a few friendlies, and in the dumbest way possible. My opponent was going Ganondorf (who he doesn't even main, so this makes it even MORE embarrassing) and I assume accidentally used utilt instead of usmash in a bad location. I thought "oh sweet, free counter!" and cancelled out of Buster to try and go for the KO in Vanilla. Except when I cancelled out of Buster, I accidentally scrolled back into the on-cooldown Jump mode. I didn't think much of it, because I was already right in front of him and ready to counter... except, I didn't counter. I just stood there like a fool doing nothing, not realizing that I hadn't moved since Jump wasn't activated. After some confused button mashing, I did end up cycling back through Monado Arts, but that didn't stop me from eating the utilt and dying all the same. It wasn't until I thought about it after the game that I realized what happened.

Sooooo I suppose that's worth mentioning as well. If you are a fool like me and accidentally try to activate a cool-down art while going for a big counter punish... you aren't going to be able to counter. I suspect a quick shield would've probably been my fastest and safest option if I still wanted the counter and realized what happened.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
"This is decent".

*Likes the video*:shades:

EDITS: Okay but really, airdodge is already important enough since it finishes quicker than any of our aerials. Airdodge is too vital to us.

@2:01 @ erico9001 erico9001 when you say to immediately airdodge after pressing B during the launch off-stage, I want to disagree just because inputing airdodge after being launch towards the blastline can KO us as explained in this video by TheReflexWonder.

Last edited:

DragonBlade64

Smash Apprentice
Found out about this a few days ago and then it actually happens to me that exact morning.

Last edited:

Okimin

Smash Rookie
I thought it was just me or my 3ds failing. this happens sometimes recently especially when i play with my friends. Was this glitch active after 1.1.0 patch?

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
EDIT: This happened to me in a local tournament last week, so I come back relay the message that airdodge is SUPER important like Eric mentions in the video.

Things that don't help you by themselves:
  • Trying to shift your direction by drifting the other way. Shulk's air acceleration isn't good anyhow.
  • Fast falling. This makes it so much more worse for you. . .
So yeah, Airdodging, using any aerial, preserving doublejump, or cycling to a new art like Speed, all help avoid this glitch happening to you. Airdodge is the most vital one, depending on how fast you can mash B to cycle arts.
I thought it was just me or my 3ds failing. this happens sometimes recently especially when i play with my friends. Was this glitch active after 1.1.0 patch?
I believe this glitch has been around since the game's launch on 3DS, but I do know that this happened to me since the v1.0.4 patch.

Last edited:
Top Bottom