• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shulk's Amiibo will be a GameStop Exclusive

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Gamespot.com | Shulk Amiibo Exclusive to Gamestop

Toy based on main protagonist from Xenoblade Chronicles series will be sold only at GameStop.

GameStop will be the only retailer selling the Shulk Amiibo toy, the company has announced.

The toy based on the main protagonist from the Xenoblade Chronicles will go on sale November 21 alongside the release of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. You can preorder the toy today from GameStop for $13--the same price as the other Amiibo toys.

Earlier this week, Nintendo announced even more Amiibo toys, the latest of which are based on Mega Man, Sonic the Hedgehog, and Meta Knight. Others include Mario, Pikachu, Link, and many more.

In other Amiibo news, Nintendo recently announced a partnership with Loot Crate to offer an Amiibo package, though we still have some questions about it.

Well, this is annoying. Shulk is by no means mine best character in Smash, but I was planning to buy his Amiibo anyway, because I like him as a character. [Shrugs] Oh well.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
I preordered at GS so this works,but I'll wait for that pack thing or a price drop.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I guess that makes sense because Xenoblade Chronicles was (unfortunately) Gamestop exclusive.

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
I don't know, that seems nice. Shulk wasn't even supposed to be in the first wave of Amiibos anyway, so it's nice that he's there. Looks like I'll be getting Kirby, Mario and Shulk now instead of Marth.
I know some people have a bit of a vendetta with Gamestop, but I've never had a problem with them so this is, frankly, great news.

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
Shulk wasn't even supposed to be in the first wave of Amiibos anyway, so it's nice that he's there.
Just looked it up, apparently Shulk is still set on the 2015 release according to Gamestop's website. Also, I hope that EB Games will also have this since there's been a couple times where we wouldn't get Gamestop exclusives from the US.

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
Just looked it up, apparently Shulk is still set on the 2015 release according to Gamestop's website. Also, I hope that EB Games will also have this since there's been a couple times where we wouldn't get Gamestop exclusives from the US.
Oh. I was going by what @ Altais Altais said.

Ryuji

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ryuji777x
3DS FC
0044-3176-2969
That his Amiibo is at Gamestop does not matter to me. At least he is available out of the 49 characters we have. His Amiibo could easily have been released at a later date.

Altais

Smash Champion
Just to get one thing out there, I have nothing personal against GameStop. The reason I'm disappointed is that, as far as I know, GameStop is a retailer exclusive to the western hemisphere--meaning nobody in Europe can buy their wares.

Ryuji

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ryuji777x
3DS FC
0044-3176-2969
Just to get one thing out there, I have nothing personal against GameStop. The reason I'm disappointed is that, as far as I know, GameStop is a retailer exclusive to the western hemisphere--meaning nobody in Europe can buy their wares.
http://www.gamestop.eu/

EDIT: I'm amazed at how many people are under the illusion that Gamestop is exclusive to the U.S. I guess it's not as common in Europe. For fellow Canadians: EB games is owned by Gamestop, so to those living in Canada, you can buy your Shulk Amiibo there. If you still aren't sure, just call your local EB games to verify if they are in stock.

Last edited:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Exclusivity is no problem for me but it's a shame that a good portion of people will 'miss out' on Shulk's amiibo (for those who don't go to GS or EB Games for their figurines)

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
http://www.gamestop.eu/

EDIT: I'm amazed at how many people are under the illusion that Gamestop is exclusive to the U.S. I guess it's not as common in Europe. For fellow Canadians: EB games is owned by Gamestop, so to those living in Canada, you can buy your Shulk Amiibo there. If you still aren't sure, just call your local EB games to verify if they are in stock.
[Shrugs] That's just what I've heard most sources say, so I assumed that was the case. Thus, I have always done mine video game shopping on Amazon.

But anyhow, thanks for the link. I guess I should have checked Google.

N7Kopper

Smash Apprentice
NNID
N7Kopper
3DS FC
2895-9534-7967
You don't really get GameStops in England (and possibly the rest of the UK) though, although most doogubbins that are GameStop exclusive become exclusive to GAME around here.

I could understand being a little nervous around GameStop, what with the weak deals they give trade-in buys, and the whole "unquestioning support of the narrative of corrupt journalists and the feminists they bed with" they seem to have going on their website (maybe that's changed since, I dunno) - but they are basically the only reason Xenoblade got a release in the NA territories anyway. It was an exclusive because only they ever stocked it for you lot.

D

Deleted member

This kind of bums me out, as Shulk was one of the few amiibo I was planning on buying, and the GameStop in my town has awful customer service to the point where I really don't want to go there. I'll probably buy the amiibo and then leave.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom