• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shulk "Monado Powers" Tier List?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TriffHR

Smash Apprentice
I bet people have made this before but I can't find people's opinions in a thread. If you want to leave your "tier list" or ranking of Shulk's powers in the replies to this thread (if anyone finds it), that would be great.

:4shulk::4shulk::4shulk::4shulk::4shulk::4shulk::4shulk::4shulk::4shulk::4shulk::4shulk::4shulk::4shulk::4shulk::066:

TriffHR

Smash Apprentice
Shield arts are top tier. That is all.
Is shield art good only when you are at high percents or basically at any? It really slows you down and at low percents when you need to rack up high percent would that be worth it?

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
I'm not a Shulk main, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

A Tier
1. Buster- You lose knockback, for extra damage, which means your combo ability increases. This can only mean good things.

2. Smash- You may lose damage out, but you gain insanely early KOS, which is worth it in my opinion.

B Tier
3. Jump- You lose speed, but your recovery is made pretty good and Up-special KO's at the blastline are easier due to its range increase.

4. Speed- You lose recovery and jump abilities, but you gain super speed, which makes for pressuring situations on your opponent depending on the character. Situational at best, but useful.

F Tier
5. Shield- You lose everything (Speed, jump, recovery, offensive and defensive games, etc.) and gain extra defense. The defense isn't very useful though, since you're so weak and immobile.

If you feel I'm wrong, let me know!

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
Shulk Monado Arts Tier List:

S-
Buster (Not much of a downnside but a huge upside)
Shield (You hit me with a fully charged Fsmash at the edge of the stage at 200%?!? Stiiiiiillllll Goooood.)
A-
Speed (Good for combos, but loses damage, sadly.)
Jump (Recovery and edge guarding)
B-
Smash (Very good KB, but you will die earlier as well, a double-edged sword)

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Is shield art good only when you are at high percents or basically at any? It really slows you down and at low percents when you need to rack up high percent would that be worth it?
Shield art imo is best used early & late into your stock. Though I'm a Shield fanatic so I'm okay with activating it at anytime if it's off cooldown. Early on, you deal with throw combos since you're so heavy & you take so much less knockback recovering from hitstun much sooner than anyone can including Bowser & potentially punish their moves with a Vision, Air Slash, holding shield & acting out of shield, or Jab1. Take your pick.

More reasons why Shield art is top tier support art:
  • Crouching with Shield art makes crouch canceling godlike because you will NOT die from many things including semi-charged smash attacks at a dangerous percentage like ~150%. As long as you DI correctly & crouch, only grab beats you. And let's be honest, we should appreciate living Ness' B-throw around ~130% or more.
  • Crouching with Shield art can also reduce the effects from moves such as Paralysis, Frozen, & Wind's push & pull effect.
  • Because you simply refuse to die with this art active, you stockpile more & more Rage effect to maximize your Rage at 150% which you can easily attain with the art. It's helpful to use Shield in between arts to reduce damage you're taking while maintaining a lead on the opponent if you had one & ready your next art after turtling center stage. The bonus knockback you gain from maximum Rage basically nullifies the damage decrease from the Shield arts especially if you use a Vision counter. Additionally, stockpiling Rage sets up into deactivating the art & following up with either Jump, Speed, Smash, or remain Vanilla with a risk / reward decision in mind.
  • Rolling is your fastest way of travel. Dashing at close quarters & dash grabbing or a sneaky Dash attack from afar can look surprising & tricky even with your slow movement speed.
Looking at Shield art from a support perspective, it's fantastic.

Last edited:
This type of topic doesn't really deserve its own thread

You can discuss this in the metagame thread, or the moveset thread, or the social thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom