• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shulk Monado L-Cancel (FALSE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreedomTP

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4811-7470-9645
Note that this is not like the Monado Arts Cancel where the Monado activates to remove all landing lag.

On the 3DS, I've found that pressing b as soon as Shulk hits the ground speeds up the recovery frames on his landing lag.

It's not as immediate as the Arts Cancel, but can let you shorten lag without switching arts.

Anyone wanna test this on the Wii U?

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Note that this is not like the Monado Arts Cancel where the Monado activates to remove all landing lag.

On the 3DS, I've found that pressing b as soon as Shulk hits the ground speeds up the recovery frames on his landing lag.

It's not as immediate as the Arts Cancel, but can let you shorten lag without switching arts.

Anyone wanna test this on the Wii U?
So I'm trying this out & haven't seen a notable difference. I personally put two Shulks side-by-side together & made them both buffer a Full Hop to D-air so that I could cancel some of the IASA frames from D-air.

Both Shulk's moved & acted out of lag at the same time, so eh Idk if this is true or not.:ohwell:

DrShankums

Smash Cadet
I'll test this out. There might be a small difference but I could be mistaking. I'm gonna record a test and see if there is actually actually difference in end lag. Are you sure you're not landing an aerials IASA frames?

FreedomTP

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4811-7470-9645
So I'm trying this out & haven't seen a notable difference. I personally put two Shulks side-by-side together & made them both buffer a Full Hop to D-air so that I could cancel some of the IASA frames from D-air.

Both Shulk's moved & acted out of lag at the same time, so eh Idk if this is true or not.:ohwell:
Have you tried it with all of Shulk's aerials? It might just be that I'm using my eyes to judge it, but it looks like it affects b-air the most.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Have you tried it with all of Shulk's aerials? It might just be that I'm using my eyes to judge it, but it looks like it affects b-air the most.
I indeed did all 5 aerials Short Hopped & Full Hopped. I didn't any difference :(. You may have to upload a video of it in case.

You're going to need to upload a video

But if you're right and if Masonomace is doing it correctly, then the difference is probably not big enough to be of use. BUT, I'll wait for the video

FreedomTP

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4811-7470-9645
You're going to need to upload a video

But if you're right and if Masonomace is doing it correctly, then the difference is probably not big enough to be of use. BUT, I'll wait for the video
I don't have any way to upload a video, sorry. It must either be me seeing it wrong or not enough to make it useful. Sorry for the waste of time.

Nah it's cool. At least you tried. Anyway, I'm going to lock this thread. Welcome to the Shulk boards :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom