• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

shulk has a neat quirk

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
captain falcon main here. and on two seperate occasions (meaning different battles and different stages), when shulk and i were near the edge of the stage, i ran at him and grabbed, but he rolled. so i can at him again to grab (this was a computer, so i didnt mind playing like this), and he rolled again. this happened about 4 or so more times, then the computer either messed up and i got the grab, or it froze or something, and i did a forward throw (on both occasions, i was given or got the grab when facing the outside), and shulk started flipping through the monado modes, not even trying to recover, and died.

don't know if this is a glitch or not, just thought i should share.

Last edited:

Claxus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Claxus
3DS FC
0146-8714-8870
Sounds like just the AI being really clumsy, it happened to me one time in Classic. When Shulk starts shifting his Monado Arts, he can't use any of his other specials. So the AI was probably trying to 'mash out' an up-B after starting the Arts cycle, so they get stuck shifting.

Last edited:

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
I didn't make the video, but the pink Yoshi is an AI.
Not related, as far as shulk goes, but as far as AI? On point.

Last edited:

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
those of us using customs get even more discouraged from using Decisive Monado arts as a result of that... sure, the arts last longer, but because they take a moment longer to activate, quickly attempting to use Jump offstage isn't as reliable an option as one might think...

i try not to let it happen often, but when it does, it's salt inducing.

Top Bottom