• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shouldn't mario's fludd shoot DOWN, when used in the air?

viparagon

Smash Ace
In super mario sunshine, if mario used the fludd in the air, it would become a jetpack and give him extra jump height. IF sakurai gave a **** about mario, he wouldv'e allowed him to do it in brawl.
Not only would it be useful in recovery, it could be used to "spike" (imagine fludd shooting straight down.
IF mario had this, he'd be amazing.

There have probably been more threads with this topic, but I trried searching and nothing came up. oh well, at least there are not many mods on the mario boards (prove me wrong mods!! [just don't erase this])

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Apparently you're new to using Mario.

The FLUDD has many applications when used in the air. Using it as a recovery would be cool, but, we already have the Super Jump Punch. Honestly, I fine with that.

MasterCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasterCheeze
3DS FC
0688-5933-2030
Yeah, that would be awesome. I was also thinking if that if you used it when running, it could turn into that Booster version of FLUDD that speeds you along oh so nicely. I wouldn't know how to incorporate the Rocket version of FLUDD, but all four versions of it would be nice to have.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
If Mario could aim his FLUDD directly down to recover, he'd be awesome at recovery and possible have better recovery than multijump characters.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
That's just it.

Sakurai doesn't give a **** about Mario.

He nerfed Mario pretty badly.
Mario wasn't nerfed. He's actually a fair bit better than he was in Melee. It's just he was pretty much overlooked in favor of the development of other characters. Like MK and DDD. <_<

The focus of Brawl is also different than Melee, which also favors new characters more than old ones.

So yeah, Sakurai basically didn't give a **** about Mario.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738

I made the FLUDD guide for a ****ing reason. >_>

Seriously, enough whining about Mario's moveset.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
My Address is 127.0.0.1 port 80.

But seriously. Fludd doesnt suck. Anyone who thinks it does really needs to be on the receiving end of a fludd blast and plummet to death.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Why do these threads keep cropping up? Who cares what he *should've* had at this point? We're dealing with the Mario we have. If Mario had what he *should've* had from day one, he would've had one of his costumes from SuperMario 3, he and Luigi would be twice the strength of anyone on the game, jump like friggin Jordan, and his cape would allow him to FLY.

But we got this Mario, which, even with what they left out, is still epic beyond belief (comma splices ftw).

Top Bottom