• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Waddle Dees have better AI?

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Since Waddle Dees kinda wander and fall off edges, how about to buff them so that they don't walk off of them and attack more often? Since King Dedede is basically the only summoner in Smash, I want to do some sick Waddle Dee AI combos.

Arcalyth

GLS | root
DDD needs to be able to inhale them and spit them out as stars like he can do to players

Arcalyth

GLS | root
waddledash + inhale would be insane. It'd be nice if someone better-informed about DDD could perhaps explain the implications of this possibility?

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
Yeah a good deeds input on this would be nice. Maybe fly or that barnyard animal KOkingpin could shed some light on whether or not this is a good idea.

PastLink

Smash Journeyman
am i the only one who thinks itd be appropriate for DDD to regain some health if he absorbs waddle dees/doos. also, a good buff for absorb would make it so they cant jump out so early, getting punished for landing shouldnt happen with any move... also to stay on topic about ai, i agree they should have slight tracking, always heading for the enemy and not just jumping off cliffs, they'll either despawn or get blown out of the arena by yourself or the enemy.

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
am i the only one who thinks itd be appropriate for DDD to regain some health if he absorbs waddle dees/doos. also, a good buff for absorb would make it so they cant jump out so early, getting punished for landing shouldnt happen with any move... also to stay on topic about ai, i agree they should have slight tracking, always heading for the enemy and not just jumping off cliffs, they'll either despawn or get blown out of the arena by yourself or the enemy.
If they jumped out any later suicide kills would be even easier and destroy the metagame.
To stay on topic, the damage that waddle dees do is negligible and an intelligent AI would ruin the only purpose that DDD can currently use them for, waddle dashing. A lack of movement due to waddledashing being gone would hurt DDD rather than help him.

PastLink

Smash Journeyman
If they jumped out any later suicide kills would be even easier and destroy the metagame.
To stay on topic, the damage that waddle dees do is negligible and an intelligent AI would ruin the only purpose that DDD can currently use them for, waddle dashing. A lack of movement due to waddledashing being gone would hurt DDD rather than help him.
I think you're misunderstanding as to what they can jump out of, not straight from his belly but i mean straight from the star when you shoot them. if i risk the startup time that move has to try and absorb them, they shouldn't be able to jump out of the star projectile and punish.
also for the waddle AI, I'm not saying it should be like they are constantly mobile, but rather constantly aware of the enemy, and will start to attack and hassle if one get's within distance, and they don't walk off the ledge by themselves like "hey guys i'm out" and besides you can start waddle dashing pretty much as soon as you throw one of the little guys out, they have their own cute little get up animation and all that.

Top Bottom