• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should there be a super final smash?

pulsai86

Smash Rookie
I just had an idea. Personally, i enjoy the final smashes in Brawl, and I would like to see them improved upon. Why not create the super final smash? This is just essentially 2 smash balls gained by one player when he decides not to use the final smash in order to gain the super final smash. it will not be easy to get, as just pressing the standard special will activate the FS, so the SFS will be well earned. An example of a SFS would be Sonic. He could turn into hyper sonic, making him even cheaper lol. Anyways, another example could be Fox commanding the base of StarFox. These are just 2 examples, and I would like to hear your thoughts on the idea and what the SFS could be for each character.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
No...

Now, seriously, I don't want them to spend time making more broken moves. That time would be better spent on balancing (and giving Ganondorf a new moveset. :p)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
As cool as moves that broken sound, it seems like development time better spent elsewhere. Now, for the people who really enjoy Final Smashes, I did have an idea about giving each character a second final Smash to promote diversity and cater better to the actual character history (Like in Bowser's or Mario's case) so that's an option maybe.

As for super Smashes, while it's a cool idea, I don't think it's practical. Then again, I'm one of those that only plays with items very little amounts of time.

ChozoBoy

Smash Apprentice
The only thing I could see is a focused Final Smash alongside a widespread Final Smash. Some characters have an FS that is very direct (offensive) like the Zelda and Fire Emblem characters, while others are more generalized (defensive) like Pit, ROB, and Luigi. Maybe there could be two FS per character to give you that option. (i.e. Landmaster or Arwing)

TigerBizNiz

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm I'm going to need to think really hard about this one.. hmmm I know:

NO! NO! NO! NO! ABSOLUTELY NOT! :mad:

Brawl is imbalanced enough with one smash ball in its presence, why introduce multiple smash balls? Alot of inexperience players rely on final smashes (let alone items) too much for easy wins. It'll discourage players to get better at the game skillwise. Sure, I understand Smash Bros is suppose to be a party game but still! Besides, I'm quite sure in one of their interviews they said they're trying to make the game less gimmicky as it will hinder the game rather than improve it. With that being said, no. Just no. :tired:

micegoose

Smash Rookie
Only if the regular final smashes are nerfed compared to the Brawl ones. But then there would be a lot of players running from other players when they get a smash ball.

Also, super final smash turns Sonic into hyper Sonic? Sonic fans would complain.

Top Bottom