• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should the Robins be different?

What do you think?

• Yes

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • No

Votes: 21 87.5%

• Total voters

NACL20XX

Smash Rookie
In Fire Emblem Awakening, Male Robin's model is slightly larger and bulkier than Female Robin's. In Smash, they were tweaked to have the exact same sized model to have absolutely no differences gameplay-wise. I kind of wish that they just went with how it is in it's source game. Have Female Robin be slightly smaller (with a smaller hurtbox) and faster while Male Robin is slightly larger, heavier, and slightly stronger. It doesn't have to be a major difference.

Also, for those worrying, pretend that they'll still have the same character slot. There won't be any separation like Dark Pit or Lucina.

Glory Blaze

Smash Cadet
NNID
GloryBlaze37
I'm fine with them being the same tbh. Also, since male Robin is taller than Lucina in FE:A, but shorter than her in Smash, that means that female Robin was used for the characters proportions and is the official canon Robin. #waifuconfirmed2k15

(Jk of course)

Clock Tower Prison

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5215-3120-4820
@ NACL20XX NACL20XX I keep glancing over your pic real quick and always think that female Robin is actually Maka even though I have seen it a lot. On topic (YES) because it would add a little bit more and that's what I want.

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
Pointless despite the existence of clones in this game. M. Robin and F.Robin are just head swaps with different voices/personality - same body. Gender stereotypes would hurt the balance more.

Last edited:

Folt

Smash Ace
Are you saying that female robin is flat chested well good sir not only is that wrong but it is very rude
http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/846800-fire-emblem
To be honest, default F!Robin does not have much to brag about (and artists generally fanservice themselves when it comes to fanart).

But to answer the main topic: No. There's no real reason to have them separate since they both go under the same concept for the character (tactical magic swordsman) and are both, strictly speaking, the same character with the same abilities for purposes of Smash.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Not to make this thread entirely pig-misogynist, but I think they're in there and they very well could be. Breasts have a way of hiding entirely when under layers of heavy fabric. Sure she's no monster like Palu or Samus but I think a C is entirely reasonable. On a somewhat related note I have a friend with DDs that binds them down for cosplay, afterwards you can't even tell they're there. Breasts can be tricky~

Clock Tower Prison

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5215-3120-4820
To be honest, default F!Robin does not have much to brag about (and artists generally fanservice themselves when it comes to fanart).

But to answer the main topic: No. There's no real reason to have them separate since they both go under the same concept for the character (tactical magic swordsman) and are both, strictly speaking, the same character with the same abilities for purposes of Smash.
They wouldn't be separate. Same character slot but the males would be taller and stronger and the female would be how she is now height yet faster but her attacks do slightly less damage.

Folt

Smash Ace
Not to make this thread entirely pig-misogynist, but I think they're in there and they very well could be. Breasts have a way of hiding entirely when under layers of heavy fabric. Sure she's no monster like Palu or Samus but I think a C is entirely reasonable. On a somewhat related note I have a friend with DDs that binds them down for cosplay, afterwards you can't even tell they're there. Breasts can be tricky~

With the way she's animated in-game? Sorry, but I don't believe it.

They wouldn't be separate. Same character slot but the males would be taller and stronger and the female would be how she is now height yet faster but her attacks do slightly less damage.
And that runs into the problem of heavily skewing player statistics, hence why the three clones got spots on the roster that was separate from the originals when they began to diverge.

Look, if you really want differences in how the Robins play then let them have separate roster slots. But I'd still not support it for the reason I stated in my previous post.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
This topic is not about bust size comparisons, any further posts on the subject will be considered off topic and dealt with accordingly.

Clock Tower Prison

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5215-3120-4820
With the way she's animated in-game? Sorry, but I don't believe it.

And that runs into the problem of heavily skewing player statistics, hence why the three clones got spots on the roster that was separate from the originals when they began to diverge.

Look, if you really want differences in how the Robins play then let them have separate roster slots. But I'd still not support it for the reason I stated in my previous post.
While I think it would be cool and unique I don't really care. I just thought you didn't know what @ NACL20XX NACL20XX meant.

Top Bottom