• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Sheik get Burst Grenade in the next Update?

Reidlos Toof

Foot Dive!
I don't know about everyone else, but I was pretty salty when I learned that Sheik's side B was no longer a tether recovery in Project M. You can say what you want about Sheik having a tether recovery being OP, but taking that away essentially makes it a dead, useless move.

Obviously if you've ever watched a Sheik combo video, their are some very situational uses for it, but these tend to be more about styling on someone then actual competitive usefulness.

I think that a nice change would be upgrading to the Smash 4 Burst Grenade move. This would add a fantastic zoning tool to a character that, by many accounts, has had an underwhelming transition from Melee to PM.

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
iirc PMBR is against using any new features from Smash 4 because of copyright issues. But I'm all for Sheik's Side-B getting buffed/changed. She is pretty capable of handling herself without them, but for non-Shielda mains that basically leaves Sheik stuck with two dead special moves. Feels sort of unfair aha.

D

Deleted member

i think she should get a tether on side b. tethers are obviously broken atm but there's no reason to think that the PMBR will just leave them as-is.

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
Adding Burst Grenade would be technically stealing from Smash 4 without permission, also that would kind of give Sheik a ridiculous camping game.

Needles and a projectile like Snake's... that would make Sheik a beast at everything, and she wouldn't ever have to approach.

So in the sense of balance and keeping within Nintendo's good graces, it will not be added.

Daeeedal

Smash Rookie
+1 for side special tether. That or give her a second hitbox when she reappears from her up special, otherwise edgeguarding her is way too easy.

As far as the grenade, I think giving her a second projectile would just add another campy character to the game, which I'm not super fond of. That being said, I do feel like she needs something to spice her up and let her keep up with all the gimmicks lol.

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
I don't see Sheik changing anytime soon. Other than being a melee veteran, she's a great character who doesn't need any buffs. Her strange and sometimes inefficient recovery is one of her few weaknesses, so I highly doubt she'll ever get the tether.

Taytertot

Smash Ace
I think the tether should come back and the burst grenade should be her downB instead of zelda and sheik being connected. some other moves may or may not need to be nerfed in order to allow sheik to have these extra choices but i think itd be better.

Dellexe

Smash Rookie
NO.
Sorry, that may have been a bit loud.
My reasoning for this also applies to why I'm opposed to Zelda and Sheik being separated.
PM is already risking Nintendo's wrath with how popular it's becoming and the threat it poses to Smash 4. It may not pose a significant threat to Smash 4, because Smash 4 is going to sell extremely well anyways, but it has the potential to draw attention away from Smash 4 and cripple the longevity of the game, which is something Nintendo most definitely does not want around.
If Project M starts incorporating elements from Smash 4, there is a fairly good chance that legal action would be taken against Project M, leading to a C&D.
-
I would rather have Sheik have her tether from Brawl back, appropriately balanced, of course.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
I would say separating Sheik and Zelda is extremely unlikely to be the thing that causes legal action, if anything will.

Yeah, that's how it is in Smash 4, but it's a stretch to say that to do it in PM would "incorporating elements" from the game. Smash 4 "incorporated elements" from PM in the same way: making changes that make sense.

Shucklin

Smash Rookie
I'd rather have her get a z-tether and a side b for tricky movement in the same realm as lucario's. It wouldn't be a huge buff the way tethers are now and a non damaging movement attack wouldn't be an insane buff either. I still kinda like transform and so do other people, but nobody likes her side b and it'd be better to just have the tether on z anyway

Arcalyth

GLS | root
I don't think she needs a tether (granted I play sheilda) but a side b for tricky movement sounds like a neat idea.

I always thought she could get a deku nut throw on side b. Or pluck a deku nut like bombs. And then make deku nuts deal minor explosive knockback or something

I have found that chain is a decent counter to crouch cancelling in situations where going for the grab is risky, or in an air to ground transiton. If you move the chain right, you can get a punish similar to peach's dsmash.

Shucklin

Smash Rookie
I dont think she needs a tether either but itd still be nice

Last edited:
Top Bottom