• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Robin Williams have lived that day?

One Handed Sword

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1005-9385-3445
When you read this you may be probably be thinking '' Of course he should of lived! He was a comedic genius who inspired many young people ect ''. But before you do you need to think of it from another point of view in more detail. Like what if you were Robin Williams and dealt with his situations?

1. Robin Williams was married 3 times
  2. Robin had drugs and alcohol problems
  3. Suffered from bipolar disorder
  4. Had early stage parkinsons
Now lets start from point one. Declaring your love for somebody is a very big thing and something you want to do once but could you imagine making 3 people the love of your life? It would be pretty disheartening to think you may never find a woman who truly loves you.

Point two explanation. Drugs and alcohol addiction as you all know is pretty bad but Williams has dealt with drugs since the 1980's to the point of his death. Going back and forth on rehab and was on alcoholics anonymous recently before his death.

Point 3 explanation = Depression as we all know is a extremely horrible thing to square off against. Constant feelings of doubt,feeling useless and just wanting to end it all. And combined with all 3 points intensifies the depression that much more.

Point 4 explanation = In my opinion I believe this was the nail on the coffin. Parkinsons disease is a extremely horrible thing to have it involuntarily shakes parts of the body , slowers your movement and causes stiff and unflexible muscles. This would of really hurt Robin Williams career just like it did Micheal J fox's. And to be honest I don't think I could see Robin Williams lose all his energy slowly and painfully. It's already painful enough to see it happen to Muhammad Ali.

TLDR = All 3 points plus having a disease that removes almost all your energy and ruins your career. I don't think anybody could live with that oh and depression too.

This thread is NOT made to offend anybody grieving the loss of Robin Williams.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
I think that was up to Robin Williams and clearly he made his choice. I hope he rests in peace.

"Should have lived" is really vague. Are you asking us if we think Robin Williams was justified in committing suicide? Is this some kind of pro or anti-suicide debate? I don't understand. :/

Last edited:

One Handed Sword

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1005-9385-3445
By should have lived I mean that would it of really benefited him if he decided not to kill himself that day and keep going on? This is no pro or anti suicide debate just to clear things up.

CosmicGlitch

Smash Apprentice
should the person have killed themselves or not
if your on the side of yes you need to look at yourself a bit more
this isnt really a debate

Sparklepower

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Overfired
I think that was up to Robin Williams and clearly he made his choice. I hope he rests in peace.
This pretty much sums it up. There's no way for any of us to know what exactly the world was like from the perspective of Robin Williams, that information isn't available to us.
If I'm understanding the question correctly as "Would it have been worth it for him to continue to live his life?" the only way to come to a conclusion on that is to know every single thing going on in his life and his feelings about it. None of us have that, only Robin Williams did and he made his decision.

Top Bottom