• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Nintendo remove DC ban?

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
I know at first glance many may say no, but keep reading.

The ban for, whatever reason you may have (whether you can't take another loss or you are needed at that point in time) is ridiculous to say the least. Often, it will make you wait an hour or more to play again. Let's be honest, who's gonna wait 60 minutes to pay again, or have interest to do so by the time the grace period of up? The Wii U powers down automatically after an hours time, so anything after that would still have to count down (or at least I find it stops counting down if the console in powered down while the counter is still counting down).

Its really a major inconvenience, and I think it hasn't been addressed enough. My remedy is this for proposing the ban to be removed entirely.

Unless you are playing against friends registered in your friend list, you will be playing against a completely different batch of players when you enter the character selection screen. Out of odd coincidence, you may encounter a opponent you fought prior to DCing, but that is most likely not to happen. The ban ruins the overall online experience, and would improve it a lot by lifting the ban altogether. I would ask for Nintendo to look into that deeply, or at the least reduce the ban period to 30 minutes at the maximum. Maybe this is a complaint, maybe it is also a way to improve online gameplay in the Nintendo Network.

What say you?.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
The ban is there to keep people from Rage Quitting.

Yes, it can be inconvenient to those who actually have to leave or whose internet may crap out; however I feel there should be no reason to get rid of the ban. If it were removed then people will be free to Rage Quit as they please without a single penalty. Why should they not get penalized for Rage Quitting? Whatever penalty you get is the penalty you get, and it is deserved if you do it purposely. End of story.

If you have to literally go and can't do anything about it and still get stuck with a penalty, then yes it sucks but just deal with it.

No online system for a game is going to be 100% perfect. They have these rules and penalties in place for a reason. If it ruins it for everyone then it ruins it for everyone. If these penalties weren't in place then you'd have people disconnecting CONSTANTLY at that point.

Last edited:

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
The ban is there to keep people from Rage Quitting.

Yes, it can be inconvenient to those who actually have to leave or whose internet may crap out; however I feel there should be no reason to get rid of the ban. If it were removed then people will be free to Rage Quit as they please without a single penalty. Why should they not get penalized for Rage Quitting? Whatever penalty you get is the penalty you get, and it is deserved if you do it purposely. End of story.

If you have to literally go and can't do anything about it and still get stuck with a penalty, then yes it sucks but just deal with it.

No online system for a game is going to be 100% perfect. They have these rules and penalties in place for a reason. If it ruins it for everyone then it ruins it for everyone. If these penalties weren't in place then you'd have people disconnecting CONSTANTLY at that point.
Fair enough.

At least limit the ban to 20 minutes. A 40 or 60 minute ban is obscene.

Top Bottom