• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should it really be called "z cancel"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
You can close this thread after a couple of posts meow but im just wondering something...

I'v noticed that people are calling it z cancel in ssb64 because you use z to cancel out the lag. Well dosent l cancel mean "Lag cancel"? So why do we have to call it z canceling in ssb64 if its really a lag cancel?

_kSo_

Smash Master
they call it l-cancel in ssbm kuz you actually use the L button to cancel. it is just a coincidence that Lag also begins with the letter L :laugh:

also, some people use the R button in ssb64/melee to cancel out moves, and from what i've heard they all refer to it as R-canceling.

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
the cancel is just named after the button that does it or the effect that causes it. Pressing z cancels the lag, so you call it z cancel so everyone knows what you're talking about. Lag cancel could mean too many things. Using foxes reflector close to the ground cancels the lag, but we don't call that a lag cancel either.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Ah. I thought l canceling was ment as lag cancel. See i thought majority use r to l cancel...I do anyways :S. Ok my questions been answered. U can close it if u want kris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom