• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should I wait for The New 3DS XL, or get a 3DS XL.

Which should I get?

• Total voters

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
I was thinking about getting a 3DS, for this Christmas, however I'm stuck on getting a 3DS XL or the New 3DS XL.

I'm thinking about getting a 3DS XL, because it's cheaper, and it's available right now.

But, ehh...

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Isn't the New 3DS XL going to be coming at about the same price as the old one? Personally, I'd just get a regular XL, unless you REALLY want to play Xenoblade and don't have a Wii/Wii U (and a copy of the game, of course).

Honestly, now that I think about it, you might be able to snag a nice black friday deal with the XL.

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
Isn't the New 3DS XL going to be coming at about the same price as the old one? Personally, I'd just get a regular XL, unless you REALLY want to play Xenoblade and don't have a Wii/Wii U (and a copy of the game, of course).
I have a Wii U, thanks...

I want to try out Xenoblane, maybe I can find a used copy around on eBay..

Thanks, the XL looking quite good in my eyes. But I'm not 100% sure

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Shouldn't be too hard to find a copy for a decent price, and if all else fails, Gamestop has 'em for 50 bucks or so, I think.

The only reason I say XL is because of the Persona Q one I've used both, and the XL doesn't cramp my hands like the little one does.

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
Shouldn't be too hard to find a copy for a decent price, and if all else fails, Gamestop has 'em for 50 bucks or so, I think.

The only reason I say XL is because of the Persona Q one I've used both, and the XL doesn't cramp my hands like the little one does.
Can you find a 3DS XL with just the 3DS?
I don't need the AR Cards and others pointless things

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Probably not new, but if you don't mind grabbing a used one, it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

the8thark

Smash Lord
You want a new 3DS. Because of the many hardware and other benefits it has and games that will be exclusive for it.
Whether you get the large or small one is a personal choice. Large is better battery life but smaller has face plates you can customise the device with.

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
You want a new 3DS. Because of the many hardware and other benefits it has and games that will be exclusive for it.
Whether you get the large or small one is a personal choice. Large is better battery life but smaller has face plates you can customise the device with.
Hmm,
Alright

the8thark

Smash Lord
Hmm,
Alright
Sorry for sounding a little up myself there. I do not own a 3DS. I could own a new 3DS now if I really wanted one (Because I am Australian), but I have no 3DS interest. But really, you could buy an old 3DS but it's like any hardware, do you want to buy the old model, when the new updated model will be out so soon? The new model will make Smash 3DS feel a lot better too so I have heard.

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
Sorry for sounding a little up myself there. I do not own a 3DS. I could own a new 3DS now if I really wanted one (Because I am Australian), but I have no 3DS interest. But really, you could buy an old 3DS but it's like any hardware, do you want to buy the old model, when the new updated model will be out so soon? The new model will make Smash 3DS feel a lot better too so I have heard.
But do you know how much the New 3DS will cost?

the8thark

Smash Lord
But do you know how much the New 3DS will cost?
$249.95 for the large
$219.95 for the small
In Australia that is. You could say slightly less in the USA when it's released there.

Last edited:

the8thark

Smash Lord
Here is a lot at the box Australia will get Nov 21.

Also you want to read here for the specs of both new 3DS.
http://www.nintendo.com.au/new-nintendo-3ds/spec/index.html

The thing that shocked me is the new 3DS is only 2.4Ghz, 802.11 b/g. Why there is no 5ghz band and 802.11n I have no idea. Heck 802.11ac is already out. And Nintendo can't even use yesterdays tech on 802.11n? That's really poor form. Even the WIiU is 802.11 b/g/n.

Last edited:

Usopp

Smash Apprentice
I've had the purple 3ds for a long time and last week upgraded to that retro 3ds XL and I love it

anikom15

Smash Apprentice
Here is a lot at the box Australia will get Nov 21.

Also you want to read here for the specs of both new 3DS.
http://www.nintendo.com.au/new-nintendo-3ds/spec/index.html

The thing that shocked me is the new 3DS is only 2.4Ghz, 802.11 b/g. Why there is no 5ghz band and 802.11n I have no idea. Heck 802.11ac is already out. And Nintendo can't even use yesterdays tech on 802.11n? That's really poor form. Even the WIiU is 802.11 b/g/n.
5 GHz is almost useless for anything that moves around anyway.

Top Bottom