• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should I main Mario instead of Doc?

Sir Bubbles

Smash Journeyman
I've been playing Melee competitive for about 2 months now and during this time I've been maining Doc. I understand that Doc has significant disadvantages that make it rather hard to finish well with him in a tourney but I'm willing to use him.

After watching some matches with A Rookie playing (btw A Rookie you're simply just amazing) and I feel really inspired to main as Mario.

It's just that people say that Mario is harder to use and is weaker than Doc. I can see that, especially with his fair, his fireball, and the angle on his bair. But I hear that Mario is better at comboing and recovering. And the fact that I get more hipster points for using him is a bonus.

Should I stick with Doc, or change to Mario?
I'm happy with either honestly, just wondering what you guys would think.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I would say pick what feels right to you. It could also be something that you could switch between the matchup - sometimes you want the kill option of throw->fair, other times you might want to have a stronger combo game, etc.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Should I stick with Doc, or change to Mario?
A rookie is a really good mario player, but to be honest I don't see him come close at a match vs a top player.

With that a side I think doc is the better character, combos are just as good and he doesn't have many KO problems like mario.

But you should main captain falcon instead, srs.

Sir Bubbles

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for all the replys. I'm gonna stick with Doc and have Falcon as my secondary along with Luigi in Melee. I realized that Doc is better than Mario when it comes to KOs and doesn't really have a problem with combos. Thanks everyone!

a rookie

Smash Ace
Thanks for all the replys. I'm gonna stick with Doc and have Falcon as my secondary along with Luigi in Melee. I realized that Doc is better than Mario when it comes to KOs and doesn't really have a problem with combos. Thanks everyone!
No problem man. If you have any other questions/regrets for not using Mario come back to the Mario boards :p

Top Bottom