• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should I be worried about lag?

Synth177

Smash Rookie
The manual for my TV states that it's an anolog/digital TV that accepts 480i input, should I be worried? I've been training for a tournament and I don't want my game to be thrown off. Also any good tips for practicing solo? I have a couple friends that I can spar with but how should I be solo training?

rawrimamonster

Smash Ace
Just measure the input delay. Is there a noticeable delay when hitting buttons to the time it appears on tv? If so, dont use that TV. If you're comfortable with it, say **** it and practice anyway. You can warm up at the event before playing if you're early and that should allow you to adjust for any things that feel wrong.

Synth177

Smash Rookie
Just measure the input delay. Is there a noticeable delay when hitting buttons to the time it appears on tv? If so, dont use that TV. If you're comfortable with it, say **** it and practice anyway. You can warm up at the event before playing if you're early and that should allow you to adjust for any things that feel wrong.
The delay (if there is any) isn't noticeable at all. I have an older TV at my house, I'll try it with that and see if I notice a difference.

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
i used to play on an hd tv and never noticed the lag until i got used to playing on a crt. so ya it can def be hard to notice delay if thats all u are used to playing on

Synth177

Smash Rookie
i used to play on an hd tv and never noticed the lag until i got used to playing on a crt. so ya it can def be hard to notice delay if thats all u are used to playing on
I bring my n64 to my friends house often who has an old TV. He came over today for some training and he said he didn't notice any difference. Tomorrow I'll get around to testing it with other TV's.

Edit: I did the test and there was no difference. If there was any it was possibly only 1-2 frames. Since my TV is an analogue/digital hybrid I guess it can handle those old connections better.

Last edited:
Top Bottom