• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should G&W be in Brawl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXx_KidIcarus_xXx

Smash Apprentice
Ok, i have now changed this to see opinions on whether G&W should be in Brawl, and i'm sure alot of you will agree that he SHOULD be in, but if he is, does he not deserve some radical improvements? like a shield that actually covers him, a better roll, and he needs to be a bit heavier (which i realise is a bit silly considering he's a 2D character) can anyone else think of any improvements which could be made to G&W to make him a better character?

PS sorry for saying he should be kept out, i now realise that that argument sucked and i just needed more time to play with him :)

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Your reasons are weak sauce but you're entitled to your own opinion.

He should stay in because he is fun to play and has a unique moveset. Simple as that.

xXx_KidIcarus_xXx

Smash Apprentice
yeah i suppose so, but the only thing i like about him is when Kirby absorbs his powers and turns black, kirby just looks so cool ^^

geemann2236

Smash Journeyman
I think that Game and Watch should be kept out of Brawl, and this is just my opinion so please don't start shouting me telling me how wrong i am, please just post your opinions on whether he should eb in or not. I just think that he was too light, he was slow, and his only strong moves were judgement hammer lvl 9, and his oil bucket when filled up with strong projectiles.
Watch Kaito play as G&W, then stop spitting this crap at us. G&W 4ever. Unfair Parachute pwnz u.

Kips

Smash Ace
Please excuse me for this but I believe that G&W deserves a spot in Brawl and that you are wrong. While his defenses are lackluster, you can't L-Cancel 3 out of 5 Aerials and he is light... He is a powerhouse when played correctly.

Contrary to your statement, G&W is a fast fighter that provides unpredictability. He actually has several strong moves including his F-Air, the N-Air (Once again, best in the game in my opinion) and his F-Smash. His ground tilts are amazing and I consider his D-Tilt to be the best in the game. He has a spike, fights well in the air, his F-Air is a beast when SHFFL'd and his throws are impossible to read due to them all having the same animation. His Up+B has a huge vertical recovery. I think these advantages offset his disadvantages.

G&W is a unique and powerful character that is extremely fun to play, being my reason for wanting him in Brawl. As a G&W main I oppose your statement wholeheartedly!

pablovirus

Smash Journeyman
I think that Game and Watch should be kept out of Brawl, and this is just my opinion so please don't start shouting me telling me how wrong i am, please just post your opinions on whether he should eb in or not. I just think that he was too light, he was slow, and his only strong moves were judgement hammer lvl 9, and his oil bucket when filled up with strong projectiles.
So... he must be kept out of Brawl because he sucked in Melee? WTF is this reasoning? Brawl is a "new game" so they can alter whatever they want. They can replace his Hammer and Oil Bucket with better specials, make him heavier, make him harder, better, faster, stronger.

Seriously, saying "he should stay out because he sucked in Melee" makes no sense, because they have plenty of time to rework his attacks and his defense.

Also, most of what you said was wrong, G&W has strong moves besides the Hammer... and he is fast if you know which aerials to use...

VDZ

Smash Apprentice
You do realize that posting this on the Game & Watch board will only get you flamed, right?
You are on the way to destruction. You have no chance to survive make your time.

1. Forward smash.
2. Down-tilt.
3. Aerial forward.
4. Aerial down.
5. With only small changes, G&W could even be made top tier in Brawl. How good he was in Melee isn't all that important.
6. Game & Watch was Nintendo's very first character, and as such, he has quite some historic value.
7. Game & Watches were a very important product in Nintendo's history, further adding to the historic value.
8. Mr. Game & Watch is very fun to play, and plays much different from other characters. This in contrast to for example the clones.
9. Mr. Game & Watch is a very unique concept, as each of his moves represent a game. Nintendo wouldn't just ditch such a great concept.

In short, Mr. Game & Watch RULES, he WILL be in Brawl, and your arguments suck.

RazeveX

Smash Ace
couple of things.

1. I completely agree. he should be removed right after Mario, Link and Fox. Cant stand those completely original movesets and animations...

2. LURK MOAR. lol, i bet you dont even know what that means.

Stop doing what you are doing. I could make a topic saying "HEY EVERYONE I HATE DONUTS THEY SHOULD BE BANNED FROM LIFE" and im entitled to my own opinion. But there are some things wrong with that. One being its completely selfish and stupid, the other being that it's....

POSTED IN THE WRONG SECTION.

Since the characters of melee arent the ones in brawl.

In short: read the rules. then read other peoples threads. then, and only then, can you contemplate making new threads.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Nah, he should stay. The only thing is he needs to be SEVERELY improved. Like give him a better shield, better recovery, slightly less startup in a few important attacks, yes. He'd also already be a lot better due to autosweetspoting mechanics in Brawl.

orintemple

Smash Lord
So... he must be kept out of Brawl because he sucked in Melee? WTF is this reasoning? Brawl is a "new game" so they can alter whatever they want. They can replace his Hammer and Oil Bucket with better specials, make him heavier, make him harder, better, faster, stronger.

Seriously, saying "he should stay out because he sucked in Melee" makes no sense, because they have plenty of time to rework his attacks and his defense.

Also, most of what you said was wrong, G&W has strong moves besides the Hammer... and he is fast if you know which aerials to use...
Took the words out of my mouth...err fingers.

xXx_KidIcarus_xXx

Smash Apprentice
ok then...i can see that i may just need more time to play as G&W, and get to know his moves better, but you have to admit, he does need improving a bit right?

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
lol, if characters were going to be kept out of Brawl due to flaws, there would be an extremely small veteran roster

.Stormchaser

Smash Cadet
Oh, definitely. He needs to be heavier, have a better spotdodge and roll and to improve his U-Air. He needs major improvement defensively.
Heavier? How can a two-dimensional character be heavy? But he does need a better roll for the love of God. D:

tutata

Smash Ace
I hope he is still in the new game, even if he stayed the same he would be a better character now that there is 0 lag on the l-cancel.
Also dont come into the G&W section and not know what your talking about, my G&W will take u on any day, please be considerate about what you post here. Also look for GG G&W players on youtube or ask for some that you can look for before posting dum things. You remind of of what a newb said once, " my friend must be a pro with G&W because he has at least 999 hours with him" makes no sence right, neither does your post. They just need to keep him because of the new killer L-cancel and hopefully make it so he dies at higher life.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Kips think about what you said, GaW is already facing the opponent where he is two dimensional, turning sideways would reveal his whole body to him, just a random little correction <_<

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
GaW needs more defensive buffing and to be able to L-cancel his moves, if that had happened he could have been very good. Or at least a lot better then he is now.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
IMO...your reasons are stupid. I'm not going to flame you but I really want to because I'm watching the Redskins game and we aren't wining so I'm in a bad mood =D.

G&W SHOULD be in Brawl with a new build.

SlayerOfEvil

Smash Apprentice
Heavier? How can a two-dimensional character be heavy? But he does need a better roll for the love of God. D:
And a better shield that actually covers him. Easiest character to shield poke anyone?

To KidIcarus: Your argument SUCKS. The end.

xXx_KidIcarus_xXx

Smash Apprentice
And a better shield that actually covers him. Easiest character to shield poke anyone?

To KidIcarus: Your argument SUCKS. The end.
ok, I realise now that my argument may be a bit weak, which is why i am changing the subject to "should G&W be in Brawl?" and if he is in Brawl, all i'm saying is that he needs some improvements in my opinion ok? :)

Super Mari0

Smash Journeyman
YES HE SHOULD!!!!111
But it wont be same anyway he would be floaty and **** so I dont really care
I love him as he is in Melee =]
But it wouldnt be bad if he is in in Brawl

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Because he was Nintendo's first Videogame character. Yes, he's pre-Mario/Jumpman

Please use the Game and Watch topic in Brawl Character Discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom