• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shoryuken input?

Got4n

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dalil50
Hey, I'm wondering something about Ryu as I love playing him!
Like:
1- For the jab to shoryuken, what's your best way to shoryuken? I directly do the retail input, but idk if it's best one
2- Same, but for down tilt? I do the down right then down right then A or B
3- for utilt? idk how to do it
4- I tend to have a problem when using down tilt do shoryuken, I can do it to the right (with the double down right technic), but when doing to the left, I can't do it, like my fingers get stuck and for idk reason I can't pull it off :/
5- How do you train doing Shoryuken? I tried doing a lot of Shoryuken, I can do them consistently for like 30 min when I train in training mode but the next day, won't be able to do it and need to redo training :/
Hope I was cleat enough, thanks for helping me tho, see ya! :)

Mili

World Warrior
NNID
shoryuquen
1. The most consistent way to perform the Jab 1 -> TSRK kill confirm is inputting jab, then inputting the control and 'cancelling' the jab with the B button. Using the A to confirm is a little awkward and doesn't always work.
2. Yes, that is correct.
3. Input Up on the C-Stick and input TSRK straightaway and press A or B.
4. It is just something you have to practice in order to get right.
5. It is something that you have to ingrain into your muscle memory. If you can't do it on gameday, it means you haven't practiced it enough. @Hooded's advice is the best. He says "You may have the Shoryuken input down....but do you have it down after dtilt? utilt? dair, utilt lock? roll? soft landing nair? shield drop? The list goes on. No matter how much you may think you know the shory input, you do not because there is an endless list of situations. Practice on that is essential and it will lead to the most wins despite you maybe being worse than your opponent. But really everything kind of comes together. Work on it all. I highly recommend Smash Ladder over For Glory though. Faster improvement there."

DM1

Banned via Warnings
Binding your c-stick to tilts for up tilt -> shoryuken is probably the easiest method/solution. Not only does the c-stick only give light tilts on Ryu (so you don't have to worry about accidentally doing the wrong tilt in a pinch), but you can buffer out the shoryuken motion on your joystick as you're tilting up on the c-stick.

As for shoryuken training, it'll come eventually. It's a bit harder to do motion attacks in smash since you can face different directions but I think if you keep practicing the way you do it now it'll become easier to do even after longer sessions.

Last edited:
Top Bottom