• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

short hoping problem

mask man

Smash Cadet
ok since i cant add a reply to the "short hope button" topic(i tried 5 times and the post never loads)

im just going to say my problem in a new topic

every % thing that effects how hard a button is pushed either ends up with,no jump and walks super slow,only short hop and no running,or alwas full jump and no walking for me.
anyone think they can help?
no im not buying an adaptoid or anything like that to use a cointroller

_kSo_

Smash Master
If you refer back to the other short hopping topic, dylan explained his situation on the kb. perhaps he could help you out.

in the meantime, let me just say that buying and adapter will cost you 6-7 bucks on ebay and it's totally worth it. as for a good controller, I can sell you a perfectly good refurbished controller. Just let me know if you need one. (sorry if that seemed like an advertisement, it really wasnt.)

Box_of_Fox

Smash Journeyman
Mask I know exactly what you're talking about, you were adjusting the default stick range on the plugin, like I was before.

I'd set it back to its default %, or somewhere around 80%+. Make sure you're able to run and full-jump.

In order to short-hop with %s like that, all you need to do is bind a c-button to a keyboard key. Press the c-button quickly in order to short-hop-- the "up direction" key won't shorthop, but it will full jump and provide "up" directions for tilts and attacks, like Uair and Uptilt. So you need to learn to jump with both keys.

cmasterchoe

Smash Journeyman
I had a short hoping problem once... then i became an optimist.

Uair will probably be the hardest thing to execute (on a shorthop that is) but hopefully after doing what box_of_fox said everything should be square. When i used a keyboard i set mine at around 85% and it worked fine (i had to tweak it whenever i played on my laptop).

mask man

Smash Cadet
i guess this should work,but..how do i "bind" a c button to an arrow key,use a rubber band?

Top Bottom