• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Short Hop/Zair

GAMBLE01

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone!

I've been looking at a lot of posts on Link, (more specifically The Triforce of Courage) and I have a question about the short hoping/Zair.

my goal is to get strong Zair because that seems to be the best start for combos, but whenever I short hop to begin a Zair combo I always seem to fire the clawshot just above the head of a standing, normal sized character, (such as Ike). If I can't get it to hit a character that tall then I'm fearfull of what the effect would be on shorter characters (such as the beloved Meta Knight). Is my short hop to high? or am I just not firing the hookshot at the right time?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and if anyone would be willing to show me how it's done properly that would be optimal. However I'm not so naive as to expect that. But as I said before any help would be good.

GAMBLE01

Smash Rookie
Sorry about that, I noticed the Q&A after I made the new thread. Thanks for the answer though, and I'll be sure to use the appropriate channels next time.

sman5093

Smash Apprentice
U have to time it better. Don't use z-air right at the beginning of ur short hop. wait until u fall, then use Zair before u touch the ground.

Top Bottom