• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Short hop dair

Captain Phobos

Smash Apprentice
So I learned short hop dair, and now I've started playing so many more characters just because of their short hop dairs;
Yoshi, Link, Marthcina, Kirby, Fox, Falcon, and even Puff.

I'm now convinced that Puff isn't even bottom tier since I've recently been pulling off this nasty combo where you just do a dair to a dair to a dair to a rest.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
Short Hop Dair isn't exactly gonna make anybody go up in the tier list.
SH Dair is pretty awful with Marcina too, tbh, because their Dair is a pretty awful move. Frame 9 for the first hitbox, 24 frames of Landing Lag out of a Shorthop and not even that much reward.

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Good for y'all but I wouldn't say :4marth:/:4lucina:'s d-air is good out of short-hop. In fact, that move is completely useless, so I don't know why y'all brought them up. And could y'all explain :4link: as well. AFAIK y'all almost always suffer landing lag from using d-air that way.

Captain Phobos

Smash Apprentice
Good for y'all but I wouldn't say :4marth:/:4lucina:'s d-air is good out of short-hop. In fact, that move is completely useless, so I don't know why y'all brought them up. And could y'all explain :4link: as well. AFAIK y'all almost always suffer landing lag from using d-air that way.
Link does have a lot of landing lag, but his dair is multi hit and does quite a bit of damage.

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
I daresay, I'm surprised y'all haven't mentioned :4wario: with his short-hop d-air. That racks up fair damage and doesn't have a terrible recovery. And what about :4ganondorf:? His d-air is a good one but I think it's better from a full jump. Somehow, I don't think it autocancels from short hops any longer.

Captain Phobos

Smash Apprentice
I daresay, I'm surprised y'all haven't mentioned :4wario: with his short-hop d-air. That racks up fair damage and doesn't have a terrible recovery. And what about :4ganondorf:? His d-air is a good one but I think it's better from a full jump. Somehow, I don't think it autocancels from short hops any longer.
True. I just don't like those characters enough...

Top Bottom