• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Short Hop + ______ = ? (Need Help!)

KonradGabreil

Smash Cadet
I cannot seem to find a good strategy or method for using the sh. Any Falco players out there that know a good, near sure fire hitting, combo intro-ing, damaging move to use with it?

He can hold his own so well on the ground imo, and in the air.. I suppose so, but mainly because of bair, so it just doesn't make sense for Falco to not have any good techs for sh'ing.

Am I completely misinformed? Or are there really not many techs for Falco to use?

Thanks,
KRAD

SpeedAcE

Smash Journeyman
SH is useful for so much dude...

First you have SH Double Laser, which is pretty much self-explanatory. SH Nair has no lag and can go directly into Utilt. SH Bair is also self explaining. Falco can do so much with SH it's not even funny.

And Empty SH is like, the biggest mindgame ever.

KonradGabreil

Smash Cadet
I will have to try those out, thanks.

Do you know any videos where Falco's short hop is being used/abused to its full potential? Anyone?

KonradGabreil

Smash Cadet
The only issue I see with that is being hit first (duh) and being attacked from the side while I am vertically attacking. Like getting hit with Marth's fsmash while I am trying to kill him.

yuo

Smash Cadet
The only issue I see with that is being hit first (duh) and being attacked from the side while I am vertically attacking. Like getting hit with Marth's fsmash while I am trying to kill him.
Short Hopping can also be good for baiting whiffs just outside of the range of moves like Marth's Fsmash, and it leaves you w/many options for punishing.

pyroroth

Smash Journeyman
I'm kind of dissappointed with the Fair.. its uses seem rather limited to me.. cant SH fair if they're on the ground or you will just get punished..

KonradGabreil

Smash Cadet
I see.. well if they have enough lag in their movements, then yes, it seems totally understandable.
But if they are quick, or ranged (Olimar), then I suppose you may be out of luck.
Then again, in a fighting game, expect to get hit.

KonradGabreil

Smash Cadet
Exactly. If you miss a sh fair you are BOUND to get a smashing. The lag for missing on that is absolutely preposterous!

pyroroth

Smash Journeyman
Exactly. If you miss a sh fair you are BOUND to get a smashing. The lag for missing on that is absolutely preposterous!
Not even that... unless you start the fair early.. the initial hits wont stun the opponent and you'll hit the ground and have lag animation while the opponent can get a free smash in..

Condor

Smash Cadet
ya i would have to say that my biggest dissapointment with falco is his fair, if u hit an opponent thats on the ground it does barely any damage and its unlikely u'll knock them back (atleast i never do) and u are now right in front of them with plenty of time for them to hit u hard, it sucks.... deffinitely worst aerial move falco has, but love his bair, uair, and dair

Ceruvik

Smash Cadet
sh-phantasm for edge hogging(drakuaza's guide) I have a question, what is RAR and how do you do a forward jump and use bair?

pyroroth

Smash Journeyman
ya i would have to say that my biggest dissapointment with falco is his fair, if u hit an opponent thats on the ground it does barely any damage and its unlikely u'll knock them back (atleast i never do) and u are now right in front of them with plenty of time for them to hit u hard, it sucks.... deffinitely worst aerial move falco has, but love his bair, uair, and dair
Yea because it has multiple hits, and only the last hit actually has any knockback/stun to it... so unless you time it REALLY well.. you're gonna get punished for it.

Drakuaza

Smash Apprentice
double laser
short spike
short bair
short nair
shine spike
short uair

so much crap to doo that im even missing some of the many out there.

Top Bottom