• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shino stalling feel more clunky in PM?

Citricide

JuneauSmashBros Tournament Organizer
Hey I've been practicing shino stall in melee and I tried shino stalling in PM and it just feels clunky. Whenever I regrab the edge after a vanish I have to wait a few frames before I can ledgedrop again. Anybody else feel this?

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
Isn't there a ledge grab limit? That makes stalling tech obsolete
It's not a ledge grab limit. After the 5th regrab you only get 1 frame of invincibility. Even if there were a ledge grab limit, this tech isn't just for stalling. It can also be as a bait, as well as a way of refreshing invincibility for a ledge hog while maintaining your invincibility throughout. It's still useful, just not quite so much as it used to be.

Last edited:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Ledge grab takes 8 frames before you can release the edge, in both melee and PM. You may be experiencing something different changing the timing but that's certainly not it.

Missile

Smash Apprentice
It definitely FEELS different. Frame data-wise it might not be, but for some reason I can't do it without using the jump button in Project M, whereas in Melee I can.

Top Bottom