• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shinespike, byebye

Thomdore

Smash Cadet
Hey, I'm a new Luigi main and have a question...how the f do I get around fox when he crouch at the ledge? Either I try secondjump grab ledge he shine me, and if I go low he jump down and shine me. Whats the best strategy? Depend on missfire and kill that damn animal? I try to save the secondjump so I can hit him if he try go down, but he does it when the down b is over every time ;p

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
If you DI in when a fox tries to shine you off the stage (hold the control stick toward center stage) then you will grab the ledge.

If you are already offstage, you have three options that can beat shine:

1. Airdodge to get onto the stage or get to the ledge
2. Sweetspot the ledge (grab it from as far as possible)
3. Get directly below the ledge and either:
3a. Up-B if he tries to go down after you, making you hit him softly so you can safely grab the ledge
3b. Up-B from as low as possible if the fox doesn't go down after you, so you can sweetspot the ledge and avoid his shine.

This all shouldn't be too huge a concern as, since Luigi is so floatie, if you just work on your suvival DI (holding up and away when hit by a move) then you should be able to basically float back to the stage.

Last edited:

Vist

Smash Champion
If you DI in when a fox tries to shine you off the stage (hold the control stick toward center stage) then you will grab the ledge.
If you mean holding in towards the stage, I thought that doesn't really work? I just hold down and he kinda just snaps to the ledge

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
If you mean holding in towards the stage, I thought that doesn't really work? I just hold down and he kinda just snaps to the ledge
I think both in and down work, but holding down risks a fast fall which would of course negate grabbing the ledge.

Personally, I hold in and slightly down.

I might be slightly wrong on it, but the point still stands for the OP that you can grab the ledge after a shine. :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom