• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

shinecancel question

suprneb

Smash Cadet
1. how do i shinecancel? - is it just to jump after i shine? <--this is what ive been trying to do

2. for some reason, when i shinecancel (i.e. just jump after i shine), it takes like 1-2 seconds for it to actually work --- is it because there is a time limit as to when i should shine to get the immediate effect? or is it just me and i dont have a good sense of time? --- i think after looking at some combo vids of falco, everyone else shinecancels really fast, and i dont know why theirs either definitely ARE or just LOOK faster than mine...

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
what he said. also even if you are turning you should still be able to cancel it-- DaShizWiz shine turns into back airs in quite a few of his videos.

mathos

Smash Champion
If you let go of B before you jump it becomes uncancellable. Just flick the control stick up before you let go of B.

Turning around also has the same effect as letting go of B.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
I never use the analog stick to jump out of a shine and I never have the delay. I do know that if you do it too slowly then you'll have the delay.

DJ Boonbuggy

Smash Apprentice
Here's the information as I remember it:
Falco's shine = 3 frames before you can do anything
Falco's shine's hitlag(hitting a shield, person, object, anything) = 4 additional frames
Turning in a shine = 3 frames of additional lag
Falco's SH lag = 6 frames

So: if you turn in a shine and sh out, it's 12 frames of lag... if you hit someone and sh out, it's 13 frames of lag... 13/60 = amount of actual time in seconds that it takes to complete a shine that hits someone and jump out of it.

As for pressing Y/X or using the ctrl stick... that's completely up to you, neither are faster except by personal opinion (I use Y most of the time, unless I have to Bair/Dair INSTANTLY after I jump, in which case I use up).

Hope that information helps ^^

Top Bottom