• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shine-To-Spike - Pillar

Swiss Falco

Smash Apprentice
Sry if I am not specific enough. I only would like to konw the diffrens between this two strategies, if there's one.

The_Famous_SK

Smash Apprentice
I'm kind of a noob and I can tell what he means.
What's the difference between doing SHFFL Dair to a shine (rinse,repeat) and "Pillaring"?

Swiss Falco

Smash Apprentice
no, but I thank you anyway xD this what you've explaned is pillaring... but where's the diffrens between this and shine-to-spike?

mathos

Smash Champion
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Shine to spike can be a combo as in a full jump spike l-cancelled into a shine to deal damage to an opponent.

Pillaring is a shield pressure techique which involves short hop spikes to l-cancelled shines in attempts to break an opponent's shield

TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TECHIQUES WITH DIFFERENT RESULTS.

xelad1

Smash Ace
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Shine to spike can be a combo as in a full jump spike l-cancelled into a shine to deal damage to an opponent.

Pillaring is a shield pressure techique which involves short hop spikes to l-cancelled shines in attempts to break an opponent's shield

TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TECHIQUES WITH DIFFERENT RESULTS.
thank you mathos for answering one of the most misunderstood concepts on the falco boards... EVER

DJ Boonbuggy

Smash Apprentice
Yea, as Mathos said, there is a huge difference between the two.
Shine comboing (shine to dair) is the thing that you see most commonly with falcos. It's simply shine'ing your opponent into the air and dair'ing him back to the ground, rinse and repeat.
Pillaring on the other hand is only when you shine - > jc -> sh dair -> repeat on a shield in order to A) break the shield or B) either dair or shine your opponent when he tries to grab you. Either way, you get a free hit or a combo out of it.

Hope this helps clear up the confusion ^^

Top Bottom