• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shine OOS

bearsfan092

Smash Journeyman
I use Y>B. Practice doing it without getting your shield hit until you feel comfortable with the basic timing. Then try it out against a Falco in 20XX with the pressure toggle on. Try shining OoS through his pressure (you'll have to find times where you aren't in shield stun and that requires some feel). Then make sure you're trying it in friendlies. Oftentimes you'll find it easier to do it against a human than the 20XX AI since most people aren't as fast.

AscendantAquila

Smash Cadet
Saiblade, do you slide from X to B without hitting A or do you play claw because for the longest time I tried to figure out how to Shine OOS with X because I use X for everything, but I couldn't for the life of me get a grounded Shine OOS, so I gave up and went from Y to B so I didn't get a JC grab.

Rob Taylor

Smash Rookie
Sydney Australia, Cleveland Ohio, Cincinnati Ohio
If you can't get the timing down then what happens when you do it incorrectly? If you're just jumping out of shield then you're messing up your shine input and probably hitting b in jumpsquat. If you're spotdodging then you're pushing down on the control stick before your jumpsquat starts. You don't need to be able to short hop with the c stick because ideally you're pushing shine on the first frame you're airborne anyways. For practice I would recommend doing it slowly and make sure you're out of shield, then work on getting the timing tighter and tighter and your shine closer to the ground.

Catchy

Smash Cadet
yeah rob's right, it's all just practice. Personally I use cstick method.

SuperShus

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
East#694
You can hit a is you slide from x to b because a does nothing while you're in jumpsquat.

Top Bottom