• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shine-Dair Follow-Ups

ZipzipthePenguin

Smash Rookie
I have been practicing a lot of Fox lately, and have been wondering how to properly follow up to shine-dair. I can WD out of shine, but it's a very short distance.
Are follow-ups completely dependent on weight and/or fall speed?
Does he have guaranteed follow-ups on any characters?
Am I just wavedashing improperly?

Twisty Treats

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1075-1216-7448
it is dependent on the character. Luigi it is very hard to get follow ups but then there are charachters like lucario where it is very easy to get follow ups

NightRaid|tAmA?

Smash Cadet
I have been practicing a lot of Fox lately, and have been wondering how to properly follow up to shine-dair. I can WD out of shine, but it's a very short distance.
Are follow-ups completely dependent on weight and/or fall speed?
Does he have guaranteed follow-ups on any characters?
Am I just wavedashing improperly?
If you want shine to dair you must running shine into short hop dair ( only way ). running shine also allows all short hop aerials and even a jc up-smash. The jc up-smash works on everyone, if done properly, don't quote me on that tho. there's a small chance characters that fall down to shine may get out of it.

Top Bottom