• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shield Pressure

yohoos

Smash Apprentice
Playing Falco recently I realized that I get grabbed out of my SHFFLed aerials a lot before I can get the shine in. I don't recall this happening that much in Melee. Did the loss of I-frame change this or the 1-frame input lag or what or am I just not doing it right? Sometimes I hit the grab armor with the shine, which I believe is probably due to loss of I-frame. If it is different is there still anyway to apply pressure reliably without getting shield-grabbed --> 0-death comboed?

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
Either hit later or do fade away aerials on shield. One frame should only take away a few situations where you could barely shield pressure in Melee and it gets punished in PM.

Zx2963

Smash Journeyman
Playing Falco recently I realized that I get grabbed out of my SHFFLed aerials a lot before I can get the shine in. I don't recall this happening that much in Melee. Did the loss of I-frame change this or the 1-frame input lag or what or am I just not doing it right? Sometimes I hit the grab armor with the shine, which I believe is probably due to loss of I-frame. If it is different is there still anyway to apply pressure reliably without getting shield-grabbed --> 0-death comboed?
Try run up shining, a friend of mine always does it, and usually resorting to noob tactics will force them to stop shield grabbing.

Deep2

Smash Apprentice
Dair > Double Shine if they're shield grabbing you.

When that stops working, Dair > Shine grab, or Dair > Shine > Early Dair, mix it up.

Zx2963

Smash Journeyman
What moves after a SHFFL'd aerial are safe on shield now?

Last edited:

-Dubs

Smash Cadet
Try to mix up how early/late your SHFFL connects with their shield, and landing behind the shield is good too.

Top Bottom