• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shield pressure in 1.1.1

fugnuts

Smash Rookie
NNID
fugnutz
Has anyone had a chance to test out greninja's options to apply shield pressure?

Edit: I did a little testing myself.
When using training mode with hold L 1/4 speed. I tested nair and fair on captian falcon's shield I paused as each attack hit shield and tested if falcon's jab could punish
The pushback and shieldstun from forward air is enough to be safe if it is spaced at the middle or tip of the sword.
I found that the nair is safe if you immediately dash away.

This is only after 10 minutes of testing so if someone finds anything to contradict these results please correct me.

Last edited:

Silfo

Smash Rookie
I haven't tested anything but I could imagine nair being safe on shield if you space it properly which could be really good

bc1910

Smash Lord
NNID
bc1910
3DS FC
1478-6611-0182
Because the fully charged shuriken now causes extra hitlag and shield stun, we can get guaranteed grabs off someone blocking the last hit. They can't spotdodge, drop shield, nothing. It's a true frame trap.

This is only a true frame trap at certain ranges; the closer they are to Greninja when the charged shuriken's final hitbox hits their shield, the truer this is.

This is a bit hard to pull off in neutral but is nothing short of an incredible ledge trap. It beats hanging on the ledge because the fully charged shuriken can hit below the ledge, and it beats neutral getup -> block outright. It can beat every other option depending on timing. There's no risk to doing it either.

Top Bottom