• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shield Cancelled Grabs not as useful as we thought?

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
When people first found Shield Cancelled Grabs, it was instantly applied to De's chaingrab. I had the import, I've been playing Wifi more than a healthy limit, and I honestly don't see the advantage of using them. A marginal range increase (really marginal) for a button combo that has way more room for error. And I have yet to find a character I can't CG with regular dashgrabs that I can with SCGs.

Am I doing them poorly, or do you guys have a similar feeling.

raichur0xx0rz

Smash Cadet
It's true that it's not always necessary for his chain grab, but as an overall technique, it's better than using a standard dash grab. The whiffs for a missed dash grab are really bad in this game. If you keep using SC grabs then you won't mess it up. Kinda like wavedashing was; just keep doing it and it'll become second nature.

limitbreak

Smash Ace
I find that its pretty useful for chain grabbing certain characters (Sonic off the top of my head). Besides, that rolling animation at the end of a dash grab does more harm than good.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
How exactly do you shield cancel grab for his chaingrab. I've been using his dash grab and it's worked just fine. I've won most of my matches today with D3 on Wi-Fi , but I want to learn the shield cancel grab now so I can minimize my mistakes.

Locke66

Smash Cadet
M2K isn't God. That being said, he's ridiculously good at smash and probably knows what he's talking about. BUT, there are many more pro smashers besides him so his word isn't final.

Vegeta214

Smash Apprentice
I agree with most of you guys that its better than doing a dash-grab because of the horrible roll animation. A SC grab isn't hard to do at all - you just press L/R and A with the right timing instead of Z - no biggy.

I.T.P

Smash Ace
I think that a moving standing grab will allways be better than a normal dash grab, and seeing as I normally grab with R+A anyway, this is allways good for me :)

Top Bottom