• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

shield break options

deviljin545

Smash Cadet
Is there a way to have a guaranteed easy shield break like nair into shadow ball, or something else?

BarSoapSoup

Smash Journeyman
Shadow Ball is our greatest shield pressure. A fully charged Shadow Ball and another decently charged SB can break a shield, but most opponents will see it coming and respond appropriately.

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
As far as i know there isn't really any setups into shieldbreaks that are reliable but one method, or at least the one i have gotten the most shieldbreaks from is to pressure the opponents shield with well spaced Fairs (Or Dsmash/Fsmash) as they do a pretty significant amount of shielddamage and then try to bait out a shield reaction from the opponent when they have about half their shield left so you can attempt to break it with a FC Shadowball.

So yeah, while Mewtwo might not have any real shieldbreak setups like Samus for example, his moves does pretty good shielddamage as mentioned so it's definitely possible.

Last edited:

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
SB-DA sometimes works. It depends on perfect shield and stuff. Mewtwo doesn't get many shield breaks.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Mostly F-Air to FC Shadow Ball, I've gotten that a few times, but it's not something I am purposely looking for or actively get.

Last edited:
Top Bottom