• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shield Break Combos?

Xmark

Smash Apprentice
I know a couple of characters have shield break combos in brawl but what about melee? Especially Link, I was wonder if the enemy is at high'ish percent(about 80) you throw a boomerang and use a fully charged Fsmash right before the boomerang comes back so the knockback is canceled and then use the second hit to finish them off. I'm not even sure if that works because I don't have a copy of melee right now but what you guys think would that work and is there and potential for shield break combos with Link?

It works. But you wont get many shield breaks as Link is a very strong shield poker. So in many cases where the opponent shields you can just use a nair or dsmash(and other moves too) to hit right through it instead.

Last edited:

SYickX

Smash Cadet
I've broken a bunch of shields. Vanz's Sheik, a bunch of Peaches, Vino's Fox (poor kid didn't know what hit him).
Double fsmash is the super star, but you have to wear the shield down a good bit first, and you need to make your opponent feel like staying in shield is a good option.
Having a bomb bouncing on top of them is perfect.

My favorite setup is bomb (to hopefully make them shield)>fsmash1> wait> double fsmash.

If they hold shield though the whole thing, and lots of Peaches will, that boy is gonna shatter.

Top Bottom