• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shiek's Tier Placement Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
Please note: this may be a wall of text, but it is very true in very areas and the overall thought. Please add your thoughts, rebutes, and what not. Thx!

IMO, and this is just IMO, so just hear me out. I don't prefer wave-dashing. I play to win, and I'm good, don't get me wrong, I am no noob at smash, but I just think it's...*thinks of the appropriate word* not cheap, but taking advantage of the game's physics, I guess. This "glitch" or w/e you want to call it (its nomenclature is not the point) extremely benefitted some characters while it didn't really benefit others. Shiek was one that benefitted a LOT. She also was naturally buffed compared to others (sorry Mewtwo!). Anyway, extremely competetive players depended on using wave-dashing. Now that we have Brawl, she got nerfed a bit. In addition, as all of us know, wave-dashing was given the boot. Now, the competitive characters that used her solely because of high tier listing, being very powerful, and wave-dashing advantage, have deserted her for others *coughMetaknightcough*. Wave-dashing has spoiled them. They didn't play the REAL Shiek. Since I didn't play extreme wave-dash frensy (though I can wave-dash), I never went through the withdraw. It took me a while to getting around to liking her again, but she still is good.

My point? I think that the real problem is that the old Shiek mainers (who wave-dashed) don't use her anymore because she might be a little nerfed. Thus they're are lesser people playing her, becoming better with her. This leads to inexperienced players not doing extremely well. I like her tier placement. She's not in a bad spot, but not in a good spot, as well. Think about it: do you want to main a character that's in the bottom tier so that's it's very very difficult to win? Probably not! However, do you want to play a character that's in the very very top tier so that people hate you for playing that character? Probably not! It's awesome when you face an opponent and they get cocky and confident that they're going to win because they have a higher tier-placed character and you end up kicking their ***. It's an awesome feeling, let me tell you.

That's my speal.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Uh, what the hell? I have a habit of slapping people who think their character's tier placement makes them somehow "special" for using that character. Also, there's already a thread for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom