• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHFFL'd fair into grab

Simmons

Smash Cadet
Been practicing tech, movement, and general combos on CPU's, wanted to know if this combo actually would work in a real game. Has anyone on here tried it before?

Last edited:

Phez_

Smash Apprentice
I've done it alot but I I'm nearly certain it's not a 'legitimate combo' because people are often surprised by the fair and tend to react to it by standing still for half a second ;)
This is basically Something that works on people, but 'technically' it shouldn't. (like falco BThrow chain grabs or Pikas UThrow Thunder on floaties)

[ Long story short ]
it works (even though it shouldn't) but its not a good idea to use fair as an approach. See if you can get creative and use fair --> grab during a combo :)

*another interesting note is that fair can reset similar to jabs and falcos lasers. You'll want to use rapid jab to reset opponents though because you get at least 50% more than a fair reset :awesome:

Last edited:

Simmons

Smash Cadet
I've done it alot but I I'm nearly certain it's not a 'legitimate combo' because people are often surprised by the fair and tend to react to it by standing still for half a second ;)
This is basically Something that works on people, but 'technically' it shouldn't. (like falco BThrow chain grabs or Pikas UThrow Thunder on floaties)

[ Long story short ]
it works (even though it shouldn't) but its not a good idea to use fair as an approach. See if you can get creative and use fair --> grab during a combo :)

*another interesting note is that fair can reset similar to jabs and falcos lasers. You'll want to use rapid jab to reset opponents though because you get at least 50% more than a fair reset :awesome:
I was looking for an answer like this, thanks :V

Although I don't really understand that footnote you added on. What is a reset?

Last edited:

Phez_

Smash Apprentice
if someone misses a tech (as in they're lying on the ground) you can hit them with a move that does less than 2%, forcing them to stand up on the spot giving you a free hit. (Pika will usually multi-jab reset into Up Smash)
To get the idea, DonwThrow a fox CPU (he will miss the tech) start mashing jab super fast and then try to hit him as he stands up.

**Here's a wiki page on it
**and Axe finishing a game with it (I highly suggest you watch the whole set)

Simmons

Smash Cadet
if someone misses a tech (as in they're lying on the ground) you can hit them with a move that does less than 2%, forcing them to stand up on the spot giving you a free hit. (Pika will usually multi-jab reset into Up Smash)
To get the idea, DonwThrow a fox CPU (he will miss the tech) start mashing jab super fast and then try to hit him as he stands up.

**Here's a wiki page on it
**and Axe finishing a game with it (I highly suggest you watch the whole set)
Thanks again dude, these are great :D

Top Bottom