• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHFFL Input Timing (FF+L-Cancel)

Calais79

Smash Rookie
I'm having trouble figuring out how to SHFFL Falcon's aerials properly. When I watch WIzzrobe, N0ne or S2J SHFFL their aerials, specifically d-air, n-air and to a lesser extent f-air, I see their timing and have an impossible time recreating it on my own. Obviously my tech skill isn't that great anyway, I'm still practicing, and I don't devote ALL my attention to maining Falcon and this is a major thing keeping me from making that leap. Sometimes when I see the pros n-air for example, it seems like they short hop, float mid air until both hits come out and then instantly land and L-cancel, other times they SH and the second kick comes out the moment they are hitting the ground. The second one I can more or less recreate, not consistently, but the the first not at all. I also have trouble judging when to FF stomp so the hitbox comes out instead of just the noise, knee also seems to have a finicky FF timing so the hitbox comes out/it sweetspots. Any advice or data on when to input FF on Falcon's SHFFl's, or a link to another thread/video that deals with this specifically would be helpful. It seems Falcon's FF timing and L-Cancels are really tricky to hit, especially when you start adding in variables like hitstun and non-SH platform aerials...

clarify

Smash Cadet
You need to push down on control stick to FF. L cancel needs to be inputted at most 7 frames before you hit the ground. Basically after second hit of Nair comes out, FF then L cancel. Keep practicing it, you'll get a feel for the timing.

Calais79

Smash Rookie
I know how to input FF and L-cancel, I'm asking how to time the aerials the way I see pro Falcon players do it. For example: input FF at the same time as n-air or right after first kick of n-air, you can FF on knee after you notice the character model do "x" and that's the first frame the sweetspot hitbox will be out, same for stomp.

MalanoMan

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0183_3775_0422
Not sure what the pros do. Some might might use c-stick for some aerials, but I can't get the hang of it. I feel you though. FF with falcon's aerials is tough. I think you just need to break the move down into its components. I think we'll get it but my strategy is to practice each component, then slowly put the move together. First just SH and aerial, then SH and FF. Then SH and aerial and L cancel. Then SH and aerial and FF. Then SH and aerial and FF and Lcancel.

kittheshadow

Smash Rookie
There's no definite timing to FF + l cancel. Depending on if you want first hit to come out, or late second hit. That being said, a 'typical' shffl is having both hits of nair come out but fastfalling and l-canceling as soon as second hit comes out.

Top Bottom