• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheild Break Viable?

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Against certain characters maybe, but faster characters, especially slippery ones like Pikachu (and his goddamn uSpecial), can just camp for a short time because shield regeneration is so fast.
To me, shield pressure seems highly situational and requires constant aggression. Assuming we can actually do this would mean we are already pretty much winning the neutral.

One good thing we get out of on-shield hits, even if it's not a shield break, is that a weakened opponent shield allows us to play more reckless for a short amount of time.
Just my two cents.

David Viran

Smash Lord
Pika can't be careless with oos QA because it has some start up I think like 15 frames and we can possibly punish it if we read it. I agree a weakened sheild is very beneficial. We should look into moves that will sheild stab.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Pika can't be careless with oos QA because it has some start up I think like 15 frames and we can possibly punish it if we read it. I agree a weakened sheild is very beneficial. We should look into moves that will sheild stab.
Pikachu has RCO on his up special if we hit him. IIRC I saw Esams video and remember hearing soemthing

Also I want to figure out shield breaks with her as well ever since I saw @NickRiddle break a Diddy's shield on halbard this one time xD.

Last edited:
Top Bottom