• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik

LCK :P

Smash Rookie
Link to original post: [drupal=4883]Sheik[/drupal]

I'll admit im addicted to using Sheik she has a great feel and great smashes I know I need practice with her if im to use her in tournaments but hey i'll do it

Ice Prince

Smash Cadet
Sheik is definitely fun, but she def took a hit from Melee to Brawl in terms of power.

But, she's still able to hold her own. Her weight is HORRID, so it's alot easier to smash her out now so you've got to be more cautious and pay attention to your surroundings. I'm certainly no expert, but from what I've learned and observed so far: Sheik can get alot of chip damage off needles and her standing neutral, and good combo potential from her forward tilts ending in up tilt since it usually ends with aerial potential.

I'm a big Zelda buff, but I have been spending alot of time learning Sheik as well for about a month or so. Make friends with needles--good pressure, good chip damage, and helps to allow some spacing oppertunity against aggressive players on the ground that like to constantly rush in. They usually leave an opening for you to close in for your own offense as well. Her DACUS is something you NEED TO LEARN and practice. It's awesome, but does take some practice and timing to be effective. But, it's quite rewarding (and a nasty punish at higher damage). :)

Take advantage of her dash grab. Her grab distance increases dramatically. Good pressure option after needles, blocked or not. Just don't get predictable with it--spice it up some with her dashing smash. Should it connect, and the opponent has some damage--always try to follow up with some air game if possible. Her up aerial is usually a safer option. It won't KO at lower levels, but you can follow up for the attempt.

Her air game isn't what it used to be, but I still find her effective at edge guarding. I'm glad she can tether with chain, as it tends to be a bit more reliable than vanish on edge recovery. Vanish is a good option when you're attempting offense on edge guarding, since it can cause damage (more than likely a KO if damage is high enough actually). I've had decent success with it after a regular aerial attack (like her forward aerial) and the opponent is coming in to recover. It helps that she jumps slightly when she does it in the air before the actual vanish.

Overall, she's just fun--and she's a nice contrast to Zelda.

Ice Prince

Smash Cadet
thank you so very much for that advice i will be practicing that now
You're welcome. :)

sight is correct as well--ftilt is quite effective to use, especially after evading.

To add what I was saying earlier, I had meant to also add in that off her regular forward attack (her kick), you can normally combo about 2-3 of those into dsmash pretty well (assuming lower damage totals). It's a good combo for spacing and will usually give you time to prep needles or follow up with a dash attack or dash grab.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
ftilt start around 30-40%
2-3 hits
or just keep ftilting vs Fox, Falco, Wolf, Sheik, Ganon, DK, Ike
ends with utilt, dsmash, nair, fair, or uair
repeat 3-4 times
ftilt once into usmash

Seriously, it gets to the point where it's probably better to unshield and ftilt instead of shieldgrab.

LCK :P

Smash Rookie
wow thanks for all that help srsly guys I didnt think people with so much exp would help out iill try hard and btw I knw some of those smash terms but not all so ugh i hate to ask but could you tell me what they mean? the brawl terms

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Usmash = Upward Smash
Fair = Forward aerial attack
Bair = Backward aerial attack
Upair = Upward aerial attack
Dair = Downward aerial attack
Ftilt = Forward tilt standard attack

Using that you can basically figure out the rest.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Wow, I never even heard of that one, people seriously just need to learn to type out entire words, sacrificing those milliseconds wouldn't be too hard on them.

Top Bottom