• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

sheik wavedash

brwnhawaiin

Smash Cadet
how come i see some ppl wavedash and i can actually see sheik crouch down, and others he just glides, and doesnt crouch. im one of the ppl that he always seems to crouch, am i not hitting L fast enough. whats up with it?

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
In one case the Sheik is truly wavedashing (not leaving the ground) and in the other the Sheik is actually leaving the ground but then dodging back into it, which results in a shorter wavedash. Off the top of my head I don't know which one results in the crouch, but I bet that's the reason.

edit: also, it could depend on the direction you wding.

brwnhawaiin

Smash Cadet
yea, if u stand up during it ur prolly in the jump animation. The crouch one is better anyways cuz u can go under certain attacks/projectiles.
sweet!, then ive been doin it right all along. now its just hard for me to actually do any kind of attack after the wavedash, cuz im so concentrated on actually pulling it off.

Xeorogue

Smash Ace
If they are not crouching then they are not wavedashing. A perfect wavedash when sheik doesnt leave the ground results in her crouching down and sliding backward/forward.

You can see how close to perfect your wavedashes are by rolling toward a ledge so you are directly on it, leaving minimal ground under your feet then wavedashing to the ledgehog. Failure will result in death, as you airdodge off the stage into the open and close to perfect or perfect you will crouch, slide, and edgehog.

Top Bottom