• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik vs pit

Nymphetamine

Smash Apprentice
Sheik was my 2nd in melee and i would like to continue to to make her my 2nd but i cant touch good pit players at all anyone have tips for this one?

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
Zelda's Din's Fire can work wonders on Pit, but also, Sheik is really good IMO at gimping his recovery (hitting him during/after he's used his Up B=he can't use it again). Try and use Pit's light weight against him. I've killed some Pits at lower percents by hitting them off, then NOT letting them get the ledge with Sheik's good aerials and her Vanish explosion.

Nymphetamine

Smash Apprentice
Zelda's Din's Fire can work wonders on Pit, but also, Sheik is really good IMO at gimping his recovery (hitting him during/after he's used his Up B=he can't use it again). Try and use Pit's light weight against him. I've killed some Pits at lower percents by hitting them off, then NOT letting them get the ledge with Sheik's good aerials and her Vanish explosion.
yeah zelda's dins can do fine but i mean sheik i cant get close to good pit players, the only chance that i have is to use the sheik slap when its over the edge and hope he runs out of jumps. other then that i cant get close i dont have trouble when i go on my link but sheik its a differnt story

Kailex

Smash Rookie
Shiek is my main, Pit is my second, im talented with both. Annoying with Pit, with arrow spamming, and I have competitive wolf/yoshi/shiek players to practice and learn from. Now, im not going to say to much on the methods me and my friends come up with to get around spammers, campers, and pit's shield that seems to be like the best counter-intentive weapon in the game. However, I will say, that good/great pit players, will always be a spammer and edge camper. Second strategy is to mix your ground work just good enough to knock someone in the air, Pit's air game is finese, and can get by most air dodges with his mulitple swings and spinning techinques. Time yourself wisely knowing that therey'll be more then two swings. It eliminates Pit's air game completely. Three, don't rush pit, his forward b, reflects and does damage. Feint/vanish, mindgames work well. Pit's weak after his B is up, and not to heavy. And pretty much the secret to Pit, he's got one weak back stab, only solo hit he's got. Get behind Pit, and he's pretty much yours. =p

votescu

Smash Rookie
Meh..i main with Pit and Luigi but when i use Pit, i don't find myself using Up B much because it leaves me open. The four "jumps" Pit has are typically more than enough to beat an edgecamper (if you know how to utilize them that is)

Jump off the edge and footstool Pit before going for a Bair or landing back on the edge. I have found that Pit can have a a hard to recover if he is parrallel or below the stage surface, but thats IMO.

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
Some tips:

Sheik's crouch can get under Pit's Light arrows at most ranges. Since he can crawl, he can approach while avoiding them. Mixing up crawls and shorthops makes it hard for Pit to arrow spam you.

Sheik's Side B (Chain) goes through Pit's Side B (I'm pretty sure), which can be useful if they try it.

Pit's recovery is actually one of the easier gimpable ones by Sheik. Always chase, and try to slap/needle Pit out of his Glide if he tries it, and then Slap/needle Pit out of his Up B for the death. If he tries to come in from above, try to get high (on platforms if they're available) to upair him.

El_Komosutro

Smash Journeyman
sheik has the fastest foxtrot into block in the game, use it...
power sheilding arrows gets you into range after two...
arrows are so fast that all you have to do is press block on reaction to a release and you'll power sheild...
pits vulnerable angle is the same angle as sheiks air needles (abuse the needle cancel for fakes also)...
pits grab game is weak so attack accordingly...
your aerial advantage is under him (practice rising fairs)...
DI out of wheel by repeatedly smashing your DI...
Pit combo low percent: F-tilt 3x u-tilt dash short hop fair fair dash attack up smash cancel...
Pit combo high percent: bair dash dashattack dash rising uair double jump teleport reappear downward so your body doesn't deflect the KO (not real combo, but safe anyways)...
while recovering, if pit is stupid he'll chase, avoid until tether range, tether than invincible bair tether and repeat. (tether only works three times so make sure you put your feet on the ground sooner or later)...
pits shooting arrows (IN THE AIR) on offense and (IN THE AIR) on keep away is almost useless, sheiks aerial needles are awesome, get the picture...
bair during a forward approach to avoid (whiff) being sheild grabbed...
pits sheild on ground won't stop sheiks aerials for the most part...
pits wheel can be stuffed before it comes out by a dash attack also, the wheel seems to be missing a hit box or something since she can time an aerial on a vertical drop and still hit...

all I got, I play pit, my bro plays sheik...

Top Bottom