• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

sheik vs marth

jinofcoolnes

Smash Journeyman
Any help on this match up.Mainly Marth seems to kill me faster then i kill him,also how do i edge guard him?

To add my two cents. RARing Bears!!!......help vs his F-air, spaming neddles to keep him at bay and your Ftilt will never fail you.

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
If you have Marth Trouble, learn to play more defensively. Marth's biggest downfall is that his stronger moves have a lot of cool-down time on them. If you can Shield, Dodge, or stay just out of range, you can run in immediately after he does a move and punish him.

It will always be difficult for Sheik to get early kills. My personal favorite strategy is knock of the edge -> chase with fair -> Double jump in place and Nair them. If that fails, you can still sometimes catch them in the up B explosion as you get back to stage or edgehog, and if their recovery is slow, you can jump off of edge after grabbing it and bair them.

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
I would just say to make sure you play the spacing game. As good as FAir spam is, it can't compete with a spot dodge grab with a fast character. use the needles to keep him at bay and if you find he's getting too close to you, try for the spot dodge, and follow up with a grab and attempt to combo him once or twice away.

...another defense that may work...Ducking. sheik's crouch is INSANELY LOW, and her d-tilt isn't that bad. if you find the FAir spam difficult to avoid, duck under it, dtilt when he's close and then combo him with an aerial neutral. personally, when playing Marth, I find it hard to FAir spam shorter characters...this may prove to be a good defense for the first few FAirs if you're looking for a way to break his momentum...just be carefully not to depend on it too much, because it can be rather punishable by his FSmash or DAir.

,besides that, I agree with the person above, Defense and Evasion. Hit and run tactics to get him high in damage, and if you're having trouble killing him off, Hey, how about this.... Knock him away off the edge, then Transform into Zelda and Din's Fire spam him. That strategy may or may not work, but it has served me well from time to time when it seems I'm just not able to finish them off with Sheik.

Top Bottom