• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik to Zelda

Lord_Naomasa

Smash Apprentice
I bet there is a thread about this but I havent seen it yet. Anyway, its about beginning the match as sheik and doing massive damage and then turning into Zelda for a finish up. I havent looked at the exact damage %'s but Zelda's atacks hit harder and hit farther but Sheik can put damage on fast. Would this be a good idea?

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
That's what I do usually. Sometimes it depends on the matchup.

Occasionally after KOing with Zelda I'll stick with her and see how I do and switch to Sheik if I have any difficulties.

Zelda can KO reliably at around 100-115% with the right moves and even less with f-air and b-air sweetspotted.

blink777

Smash Journeyman
I bet there is a thread about this but I havent seen it yet.
I'm sorry, but you must be blind. There must be 2-3 threads like this in this subforum, and at least one is right there on the front page. Heck, there are even more threads that discuss this subject, even if that wasn't their original intent.

Dear lord I'm getting tired of clicking on "new" threads only to find out someone couldn't be bothered to look for an exsisting discussion...

Once again, sorry to be *****y, but jeez...

Lord_Naomasa

Smash Apprentice
Well, that thread was about when it would be appropriate to turn into Sheik. Mine deals with strategies based around the two. I did use the search but couldnt find much related on the subject. One idea is you get smashed off the ledge as Sheik and if you use your first jump, if you turn into Zelda, can you use a jump and then teleport?

zelink551

Smash Rookie
It wouldn't be that great because its so easily countered (transform) and Zelda simply owns, why switch? Seriously though, too much time for transform to be effective,

blink777

Smash Journeyman
Look Lord_Neomasa, my problem here is that everything you've said/suggested has been said/suggested dozens of times over by dozens of people. Yes, we know Sheik can rack up damage fairly well. Yes, we know Zelda has huge knockback compared to Sheik. Yes, we know that in theory using Sheik to pound on damage and then switching to Zelda to finish would be effective. Some people do this with decent results, but most people believe that the opportunity to ledge guard lost while transforming is just not worth it. Furthermore, many believe that Zelda is perfectly fine at racking up damage on her own.

Once again, this has been discussed to death without anyone bringing something new.

And yes, we do know that as Sheik and trying to recover, transforming to Zelda to use Farore's Wind can sometimes come in handy (depends on your height). But heck, people have been doing that since Melee.

I could understand your desire to create a thread for this specific discussion if you actually had something new to add to it. At this point though, you and everyone else who has posted (including myself) is just reiterating what's been said already in plenty of other threads. Bring something new, and I'll retract everything I've said.

Lord_Naomasa

Smash Apprentice
How about using the transformation when somebody is using a smash attack? How long are you invincible while transforming?

blink777

Smash Journeyman
How about using the transformation when somebody is using a smash attack? How long are you invincible while transforming?
This sort of things been talked about as well. Even if you manage to dodge the attack while transforming, you're left wide open once your invinsibility is over. If they miss on their first attack, they can just go again and hit you when you're vulnerable. Shielding or spot dodging will give you the same effect of missing the opponent's attack, only without the huge window of vulnerability Transform leaves you in.

Top Bottom