• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik Stage Counterpick/Ban Chart

xaviersykora

Smash Rookie
NNID
xaviersykora
Hello, I'm a pretty new Sheik player. I decided to build a chart displaying the best options for stage bans and counterpicks in a tournament set against the cast. I have a very limited amount of experience when it comes to matchups and what stages are good/bad for each matchup. I got a lot if help from my good friend Jaxas, but I think input from the community would be the greatest way to make an accurate chart depicting the best counterpicks and bans for every matchup.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/...LLhwHL0y7QWup5DkKl2u38Y/edit?usp=docslist_api
Here is a link to the chart. You can make edit suggestions and I will approve them as they come in (as long as they aren't spam).

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
This looks pretty solid, but we should probably also add why the stages are good or bad. A lot of stages are only good/bad against a character if you know what the strategy is (rather than passively because of blast zones, for example).

xaviersykora

Smash Rookie
NNID
xaviersykora
This looks pretty solid, but we should probably also add why the stages are good or bad. A lot of stages are only good/bad against a character if you know what the strategy is (rather than passively because of blast zones, for example).
A very good point. I'll work on that tomorrow-

Wasserwipf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wasserwipf
3DS FC
2809-9876-8323
Can we - maybe - not use Final Destination and rather name preferable Omega stages, as certain characters get totally by certain Stages (Rosaluma, Lucario iirc), and also walls, ability to stagespike, ability to fight below the stage might matter in different matchups (stupid example but still, against doc you probably dont want walls because it helps his super poor recovery more then it benefits ours).

Is there only one ban in your ruleset? Or could you only think of one banable stage for most charaters?

xaviersykora

Smash Rookie
NNID
xaviersykora
Can we - maybe - not use Final Destination and rather name preferable Omega stages, as certain characters get totally by certain Stages (Rosaluma, Lucario iirc), and also walls, ability to stagespike, ability to fight below the stage might matter in different matchups (stupid example but still, against doc you probably dont want walls because it helps his super poor recovery more then it benefits ours).

Is there only one ban in your ruleset? Or could you only think of one banable stage for most charaters?
That is a very good idea. And yes, there is only one ban in my ruleset. It would be a good idea to put down multiple bans in order (from most detrimental to least) explaining how/why they are good for each character, as there may be opponents that do not take advantage of the things that make that stage good for them, and you would want to Counterpick a different stage. Thank you for the feedback.

Daymaster

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMan9878
From personal experience, you do NOT want to fight Pit on Lylat. His Up-Smash and other attacks thorough platforms are devastating and leave little to no room for you to run. Also, his arrows are not affected by the stage tilts if he is any good at aiming them.

xaviersykora

Smash Rookie
NNID
xaviersykora
From personal experience, you do NOT want to fight Pit on Lylat. His Up-Smash and other attacks thorough platforms are devastating and leave little to no room for you to run. Also, his arrows are not affected by the stage tilts if he is any good at aiming them.
Noted! Will be added to the chart!

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
This is pretty much true for BF and DL as well, those are Pit's home stages.

Topskunium

Smash Rookie
Few Things:
Don't take Villager to Duck Hunt, because the bushes aid significantly in laying traps.Same goes for Megaman and Pac-man.

Don't take Samus to an omega, or FD, as her ballistics wonders make her approaching annoying.

Pikachu gets jab-locks easier on battlefield, so take note.

Lucario and Diddy hate recovering on Lylat and Omega Palutena's temple because of the weird lip.

Jigglypuff tends to like platform stages as platforms let her quickly replenish jumps, so what you ban should be anything but omega or FD.

Link has the same relationship with lylat as TL.

MK likes the low ceiling of DL.

Ganondorf and Mac don't like Duck hunt because their jumps aren't enough to get them up the tree, letting Sheik camp on the tree to get a timeout.

Most tournaments in my region (Finland) are still playing with Castle Siege, Delphino, and Halberd, and I know that many other European tournaments play with these stages, so for a more universal aid, adding those could be useful for another demographic.

Good chart though!

Top Bottom