• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik Matchup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denjinpachi

Smash Journeyman
What stages does Ganon typically take against Sheik? I figured FD, Smashville, and maybe Dreamland because they are relatively flat, and the platforms on the other two don't really allow interruption for chaingrabs. Am I mistaken?

Nevermind

Smash Cadet
I think you overstate the impact that Ganon's chaingrab has on this matchup. Sheik has all the tools to avoid getting grabbed - low sprint / DA animations, a versatile crouch, and a projectile that forces Ganon to approach on her terms. A competent Sheik player will simply not be getting grabbed enough to justify picking those stages in view of their downsides, which have a much more consistent effect on the match. These include lots of horizontal space that allows Sheik to play Super Left-Right Bros., and a lack of platforms that make working around needles quite difficult (not to mention the universal benefits that platforms lend Ganon). So, assuming YI / WW are banned, BF seems to be the go-to answer, with GHZ and DL also posing unique benefits and drawbacks. As Sheik, PS2 and FD are your first choice, DL and SV your second (not taking into account non-universal stages).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom