• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik matchup trouble

Freakanoid

Smash Rookie
So at the last local I was at, I got three stocked twice by two different Sheiks. From what I understand, the matchup is supposed to be slightly in Jiggypuff's favor, but I keep getting Shrekt by the throws and fairs. Any tips or things I need to keep in mind while facing a Sheik?

Thanks.

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
crouch & stay on the ground. sheik can't really do much to you when you're on the ground other than jump->fair and run up down smash

crouching makes you CC dash attack which you can rest (if she hits u while you're CC'ing, you can also duck and then rest her shield grab) and you can't get grabbed

space SH auto cancel bairs, get in on her shield with nair/use nair in general. pretty much play really lame but kind of aggressively. you'll be surprised how safe you are when you crouch

Last edited:

magister54

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2882-0961-9677
Good advice from Blacktician.

Just try to avoid Shiek's fair. Stay on the ground unless you have an advantage (like a punishable situation). Lots of good spacing with your attacks close to the ground like SHFFLd nairs or multiple bairs?

Freakanoid

Smash Rookie
Ayy forgot to say thanks guys, just fought the Sheik that defeated me at the tourney and beat him 2-1. Still got some work to do on this matchup but these tips definitely helped, just gotta put them into action. I appreciate it!

Top Bottom