• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

sheik is mindgame..

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure this have been suggested at least a dozen times.
Just refreshing your guys' memory. Sheik is not usually you k/o with. Sheik is basically mindgames all the way through. Mindgames you ask? Mindgames is a term that people basically manipulate and distort out of perspective and what the true meaning is.

Basically mindgames are, is the thought process of manipulating your opponents into attacks. Basically reading their moves. For example you watch your enemy carefully and you judge on the most obvious move they can make and then you either make your move to either knocking them off the stage or just getting simple attack.

Needles.... Always use needles, they are so effective in every way. but dont throw them at the most obvious points. Throw them when either the character is animation(attacking, spot dodge after, or landing ) also needles are useful for breaking down the characters shield. (THEY ALSO CREATE A SLIGHT DELAY FOR YOUR OPPONENT....)

Edgehogging is another issue i have to address. you can either use edgehogging just to edgehog when the character is trying to recover. I see this so many times. characters edge hogs right when the character falls... and this may be useful if the character is at the point at no return. But this is not the case most often. The reason why to break the habit of edge hogging when the character falls is because your opponent could just attack you when your not sweet spotting. If you have that habit, just hold shield and get on the stage before the opponent can but don't make it obvious that you do that all the time...
Which brings me to my next point. - REPETITIVE ATTACKS.

You see those spammers, doing the same stuff over and over, soon the mind of your opponent can process that(thats if he has an idea of what your doing and can counter it) He can counter it by either waiting for you to do your spam attack. also these attacks have reduce hit percentage and knockback so remember that. (repetitive attacks info - Kuri Chan(Killer Fleet).

ROLLLERS - also from kurichan
This is not addressed enough... Rolling is a defensive technique, if your on the defense then you have no time to get your attacks in. AND ITS VERY PREDICTABLE. So Cut rolling out from your gameplay for at least a month.. and get used to all the other attacks you can do... FOR EXAMPLE - attacks out of shield (you can bair,nair,fair, upb, grab, and spot dodge) I never see this... this applys for every characters. It is a surprise and its very mindgamey (XD) Also. Spacing, is very important. Just dash side to side (no dont dash dance) just small dashes. don't too close to the opponent) Don't dash side to side too much. just to enough to create space for your opponent to hit air so you can hit them.

Up Smash

-dashing into usmash are great... but if the character is just standing there.... its very obvious what your going to do...
Usmash when your opponent is landing.
or usmash when your opponent is in animation from the opposite direction.
or you can also usmash when your opponent is spot spamming his spot dodges.
you judge... it comes with instinct.

-To fight ikes

- These characters are very heavy... so at 80% they can knock you off with simple attacks. Watch out for there 3 a combo. its very obvious... - You can't grab... because hes too far... Just keep your space or shield until hes done...either nair or fair or just keep your space ....
His heavy smashes... easy to counter... easy to predict.. long lag time after - so grab grab grab... dont be too far. and grab.. cause this can cause some major damage.... Don't spam your rapids.... or ftilts.. he can counter so do one or 2 ftilts and grab. or combo into a fair or any airs(except dairs)

Some of the stuff like spacing and mindgaming becomes second nature... so don't pout when you don't get it the first time..... - Don't overplay... like 12 hrs straight. your not going to get good like that... you fatigue and you will be in that state for a while... If you win against your opponent everytime... find someone else.... find someone better than you. so you can lose...
losing is the best thing to do. because you learn from your mistakes. That means don't get angry when you lose. by 1 stock or 2. Just realize that you still have room for improvement... Alot of this comes to self realization

i'll have some more info . later on.
- sorry not revised.

delete the post if you find no use for this...

Top Bottom