• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

sheik help please

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
For Samus: Your needles eat through all of her projectiles so spam them to stop her projectile game from working and from there its all about knocking them up into the air and Fairing them off the edge.. When the samus is using her bomb jump to recover All you need to do is hit one bomb with a needle and you ruin her.. Make sure to remain elusive and just stick in her face, your a better comboer and a better damage dealer all around.. Samus should not be a problem.

gamefreak2006

Smash Cadet
The two most important things in sheik vs samus is using needles properly and your grab game. Samus can't escape your dthrow ftilt, ever, unless you do it too slow then you will get sex-kicked in the jaw. So just make sure all your grabs lead to dthrows, which lead to ftilts, and then to an aerial combo. Even with good DI, it is difficult for samus to escape sheiks aerials. At higher percentages, dthrow to upair, it is much easier to kill samus vertically than horizontally. If you have to edgeguard samus, shoot needles strait at her while she's bomb jumping above you, or jump and shoot them if shes below you. Once shes past your needle range, edge hog, edge hop to your neural a to stop her grapple recovery.
Don't fear projectiles, ftilt missles and one needle will stop a charge shot, just make sure you see how the samus is missile canceling, cause they can be shot above your standing needles, resulting in a headshot. I have done that many times, taking a needle storm to shoot sheik in the face, it works eveytime cause sheik's are needle whores and can't resist shooting them.

Things to watch out for from samus, she will CC everything you do, everything, all the time. At low percentage, jabs, tilts, dash attacks, fsamsh, sometimes dsamsh, will all result in you getting downsmashed. So just grab her instead, samus can't CC grabs :(
Another thing to watch out for is up b from sheild, being too close to her sheild without grabbing will result in a screw attack.

AG4U2NV

Smash Cadet
Against Marth...Hmmm...

I play a descent Marth all the time even those he's not technical he still gives me so-so rough time,but the thing to do is "Bait and Wait" most Marths(if not all)can't resist the FSmash from long range so Bait them into doing that and then capitailize.
Wait:When you get upthrowed don't jump so quickly take the hit then jump out of the next because there is nothing worse then being constantly stuck in the air because you can't jump out if when because you used your second jump and got hit anyway and have to hope for them to screw up or land a retaliation hit to get back on solid ground.

shboke

Smash Journeyman
AG4 i know what u mean that happened to me before and thank you all for your tips tomorrow i hope i can beat the 2 people that i want to, i will read these a few more times and get them down, and gamefreak ur right but how close do i want to be to samus, i will now know that my Ftilt will work with downsmash so i dont get hit in the head =D

Viking Ness

Smash Journeyman
Lol, my favorite quote from Wes is (as best as I can remember it) "D amn! I hate that d amn sheik! One needle go thru muh missile, one needle go thru muh blue ball, one needle go thru muh bomb! Hate them sheiks!"

Zane Fleia

Smash Journeyman
A little note/thought off to the side, Samus is rather floaty. Sheik's U-air is a potent floaty killer. ^_^

Suprememan20

Smash Rookie
My bro uses samus and he sux he can kill me once or twice but its only cause i mess up. But once i get him in the air he's a goner. He likes to use his missles and power beam alot that mostly wat he uses, and his cc than down a thats the only move that aggrevates me and i mostly fall for it. But im still the better player than he is so the thing u should watch out for the most is the three things i said, And for marth. my bro used him for a bit and all he did was his counter and it got me annoyed as hell, so if the marth u face does that alot just make sure to stay back and play sum mind games makin it look like ur gunna hit him so he can counter and than hit him off guard. Thats all i have to give for now but good luck and i hope u beat them and i hope my advice helped.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
What you just gave advice for is how to beat noobs playing Samus and Marth. Samus' projectiles are all cancelled by a single needle. Counter-happy Marths get grabbed. That's all there is to those two strategies.

TGM

Smash Lord
if u would look at the vids i posted about HugS(best samus in the world) playing a shiek, u will see what u need to do.

its in the sheik vid thread.

Banks

Smash Hero
if it is a good samus it probly CC's all your ****, if you are bairing a lot like some sheiks do, you should stop in that matchup because samus can cc and dsmash you. go for grabs, dthrow to fair or uair, and when they spam projectiles needle or ftilt

sheik vs samus yoshi's story:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w53dhSp5Gy4

Sheik vs Samus pokemon stadium:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlKnuKt3qp8

sheik vs samus kongo jungle:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyV4-xPPIWE&mode=related&search=^this video is me playing really ******** just to win, stand and fair...lolol

ps. plairnkk blows LOL jk, hes my bud

also you'll want to learn to sheilddash, that is great for getting grabs, I didn't do any of it in the video tho, I can see where i should have.

TrageÐy ®

Smash Cadet
Vs all Moves:
- Gigantic Banger Boom Box (AKA Ball), spam your needles against them. Not only will your needles eat through the bomb, as the guy will receive 9% damage.
- Somersault Bombies (AKA B Down?) Just stay away, and smack Samus when she gets to o close.
- Missiles (AKA B Sideways) There are 2 missiles: Straight missile + Heat Seeker. To dodge straight missiles, just stay down. To dodge Heat seekers run away or spam needles.

That's it for B moves, the rest is easy. ^_^
I think. >_<

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
if it is a good samus it probly CC's all your ****, if you are bairing a lot like some sheiks do, you should stop in that matchup because samus can cc and dsmash you. go for grabs, dthrow to fair or uair, and when they spam projectiles needle or ftilt

sheik vs samus yoshi's story:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w53dhSp5Gy4

Sheik vs Samus pokemon stadium:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlKnuKt3qp8

sheik vs samus kongo jungle:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyV4-xPPIWE&mode=related&search=^this video is me playing really ******** just to win, stand and fair...lolol

ps. plairnkk blows LOL jk, hes my bud

also you'll want to learn to sheilddash, that is great for getting grabs, I didn't do any of it in the video tho, I can see where i should have.
I watched the second one- there's like two times you could have transformed into Zelda to save yourself returning.

Top Bottom