• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik...DAMMIT

Switchblades

Smash Apprentice
I...hate....Sheik...

I just can't play against her....I can't do anything....

My friend, who mains 'Dorf, decided to play his Sheik against mine...I barely got away with being 2 stocked (by that, I mean I scored a lucky bomb - Uair combo)

What kind of tactics do I employ against Sheik? I need something to do to counter her, because right now, playing her just makes me almost furious -_-

KratosAurion192

Smash Ace
From what I've gathered...your best bet is to switch to falco. If you don't want to do that then I'm not anymore help to you...I've got the same problem...

I...hate....Sheik...

I just can't play against her....I can't do anything....

My friend, who mains 'Dorf, decided to play his Sheik against mine...I barely got away with being 2 stocked (by that, I mean I scored a lucky bomb - Uair combo)

What kind of tactics do I employ against Sheik? I need something to do to counter her, because right now, playing her just makes me almost furious -_-
as cliche as it sounds, switch chars. theres nothing ylink can do.

ROB_[MCC}

Smash Apprentice
Sheik is one of Young Link's worst matchups (along with Fox, ICs, and Falcon) but it isn't hopeless. Basically, abuse the platforms... never fight Sheik on the ground. Hop around pulling out bombs and throwing bommerrangs, and never touch down long enough to get grabbed... Sheik can CG you to 50+. When you score hits with your bombs fly in with a nair, then follow it up again or retreat and repeat. For edgeguards... first edgehog. If that clearly won't be enough, ledgehop onto the stage and dsmash Sheik during her lag.

For stages... FD is horrible for you, but Dream Land works well.

super_nintendo

Smash Journeyman
ROB is correct, bombs will do the trick. If your'e playing a mediocre Sheik who teleports her way out of a bombs range, you have a good chance of being the disadvantage, so use a smash attack, and keep up with the bombs.

Best of luck to you.

Chip.

you know what to do
as cliche as it sounds, switch chars. theres nothing ylink can do.
Don't sink down to that level. Lmao, it's not impossible to beat Sheik, you just have to play extra hard in order for victory.

If your fighting a CG Sheik, then always keep your distance. Bombs, nairs, and arrows are all great ways to keep her back. If you do get chaingrabbed, which wont happen as often if your smart, then DI towards the edge until she can't CG you. Then, sweetspot hookshot your recovery so you don't get d-smashed by her.

lol, it's all right to fight on the ground-not gonna kill ya. Platform spaming works wonders but beware of Sheik's arials,i.e. fair or bair, have amazing hitboxes that can catch you off gaurd and will hit you HARD too.

Always stick to on side of the stage and move around the platforms, wavedash, and spam a lot. When Sheik gets to close, either stop her in her tracks with an arrow or start a combo up with a Bomb/Point-Blank boomerang and then rack up some heavy damage. If your attempt to start a combo is unsuccesful, THEN jump to the OTHER platforms on the screen.

Lol, Dream Land is one of the worst stages to fight her in due to she can recover very easily, you can't recover from the edge nearly as well as her, and it overall takes forever to kill her. To make it clear, platforms are good but aren't something you can always rely on in the heat of battle. FD isn't quite as bad as you think. Chaingrabbing is harder to omit from the battle but you can spam her to kingdom come and you can kill her pretty easily. IMO, FoD is prolly your best bet because the platforms are low enough for you to escape CG and she can die pretty fast in this level too.

Whenever she's recovering, nair her off the edge before she upB's and gets invincibility frames. This is actually quite hard in Dream Land/easy to do in FoD. D-Smash is really, really hard to pull off when for edgegaurding, trust me don't try it. Edgehogging is one of the best things you can do on the other hand. Oo, here's a cool trick to do, if your edgehogging, and Sheik upB's above the ledge onto the stage, she's in for a punishment if you ledgehop ->Dair. Yep, works like a charm!

Good killing moves are Bomb Plant(Bomb->Dair), Nair, D-smash, and dash attack.
The whole trick is to not stay in place and move around spaming, but LET sheik come to YOU.

Hope that helped!

UchihaDemon

Smash Cadet
run like a ***** and use ur ranged attacks, thats all i can do against her. "shiek is a glitch made of high priority, breakdancing, and needles" and thats the truth. but when it gets down to it, u have to outsmart the player. personally, i suck against shieks with ylink, so i use my main, ganon.

technomancer

Smash Champion
Make sure you space everything perfectly as, and try to land behind her when you can. There's just alot of little things you have to NOT do.

Bombs are your best weapon here IMO, just keep mobile. Repeated platform dashing into bomb pulls is a good way to say safe and pull them out and mindgame as well.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Chip pretty much has it down. But IMO, Battlefield is the best stage to pick against Shiek. The platforms allow you to move around well. Shiek has trouble sweet spotting the edge on this stage and its not as a hard to kill her since the stage is'nt huge.
Just keep your distance with projectiles. When she is stunned with one, run in for an n-air or u-air.

If you happen to get off the stage and your trying to recover, be sure to sweetspot the stage if you have to. If you can, pull out a bomb before you get to the ledge, then ledge hop and throw the bomb at her. This generally works with pretty much all characters when it comes to recovering. Its not an impossible match up (Especially if your opponent does'nt know how to fight Young Link)

Chip.

you know what to do
Good point, it's prolly a little easier to kill her at BF since the "ceilings" lower than FoD, but I prefer the courtesy of platforms lowering down to help you escape Chain-Grabbing. Another thing is that it's VERY hard to pull off Sweetspot hookshot recoveries (esp. after Chain-Grabbed off the edge) but Spin Sweetspot recov. works just about as well, but as a greater chance of still getting hit.

BF and FoD are prolly best for victory.

Yoshi story, FD, Pokemon Stadium are all right to fight in.

Dream Land is a bit tough :p.

i_eat_fried_worms

Smash Cadet
do NOT recover below her, try to stay higher to avoid needles, and when she has to recover, try to get her to recover from far below the edge. i know this because i main as sheik & y. link. she will spam her needles, and if recovering from below, will try to use the short little hop before teleporting because it's more accurate. also, try to use your sword in close-combat, it out-ranges most of her attacks. but still, good luck keeping up!

L33teHaxor

Smash Apprentice
chip really did a great job explaining and all i can say is that your best projectile to use would be the boomerang cuz even if you miss and they start chain grabbing it'll break you out and dont use the bomb as much cuz they could just use the needles and it'll blow up in your face and that'l give the sheik time to dash and then aireal **** you which would likely end up in you losing a stock and i'm also not that good against fighting shieik.

So Good Luck

and I probably wasn't as much help as chip was

Chip.

you know what to do
^_^ thanks guys, but everyone's opinion is welcome and will help at least a bit ^_^

Plus, everyone has had their own share of experiences dealing with a "gayer-than-***" Sheik player so it's always good to listen to everyone.

My knowledge with fighting with good Sheik players is large and hopefully I can get some vids of me fighting one soon so you all can see this raw advice in action ^.^

EDIT: in response to I Eat Fried Worms, if in any case you do find yourself recovering under the edge it will do you well to maneuver around her needles or sweetspot your recoveries-wheather it be Spin or Hookshot. Just be careful and wary of needle edgegaurd at all times.

Top Bottom