• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik Critique? 7 vids.

bombr

Smash Cadet
Aiight. So I've recently got back to playing Sheik after exploring other characters, and I just want some advice on how to play a better Sheik.

It's been a while since I've done one of these, and I am pleased to say that I've really improved a lot since the the last one.

Here they are:

bombr (Sheik) vs. spiNR (MK) 1
bombr (Sheik) vs. spiNR (MK) 2
bombr (Sheik) vs. spiNR (MK) 3
bombr (Sheik) vs. spiNR (MK) 4

bombr (Sheik) vs. spiNR (Sonic) 1
bombr (Sheik) vs. spiNR (Sonic) 2
bombr (Sheik) vs. spiNR (Sonic) 3

spiNR (aka SonicLucario) mains Sonic, but, surprise, surprise, he seems to do better with Metaknight (Who he secondaries).

Regular 'Tube vids are really choppy on my comp, and High Quality doesn't do that. I don't know if it's just my comp, but if it's choppy try viewing it in high quality.

Also, I case you are wondering how much I've improved...

Me sucking worse that I do now: 1, 2, and 3.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Seems like you know what you're doing in the general approach/defense game, but you distinctly lack ftilt. Never assume for a moment that Meta Knight can be followed up on. Either he can or he can't, there's never a maybe. And the times when he can be followed up on are usually obvious. Don't use usmash at low %s, at 13% damage, it's not worth decaying your best KO option as Sheik. If you're going the Transform route, it's not unreasonable to go Zelda as early as 90 or even 80%. Generally it's a bad idea to roll at your opponent but against Meta Knight it's practically suicide. In fact, don't even move toward him unless you're definitely on the offense, because air-dodging at him, etc. is just asking for trouble. Fourth stage is Green Hill Zone, and I refuse to play on that stage, let alone watch it being played on.

You roll a lot, a lot, a lot when you're near the opponent. It gets you killed in Game 1 against Sonic. It gets you hit a lot too in every game. Stop doing it, it's a bad habit. That, along with DIing straight at your opponent with an air-dodge. Actually, that's all you do as Zelda... feels like the only reason you actually get KOs with her is because spiNR doesn't know how to play against Zelda.

SonicLucario

Smash Journeyman
I need to learn to vs Zelda.It's so obvious now!

You know as well as I do bro,I am trying to find a new playstyle with Sonic.So basically I feel like I need to learn him all over again.MK has stayed most of the same since launch.

Sorry about Green Hill,it's legal here.

Top Bottom